News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

Canada Permanent Building getting some love today.

CP Building.jpg

Surprise no one mentioned this.yet...YEG killing it again with new investment! So we've got this PLUS the 10B in projects/plants. Not "fancy IT jobs" but huge nonetheless......

Surprise no one mentioned this.yet...YEG killing it again with new investment! So we've got this PLUS the 10B in projects/plants. Not "fancy IT jobs" but huge nonetheless......
Dude, seriously, what is it that you have against IT?
The way you are, I bet that if we landed Microsoft's + Apple's HQs you'd complain.

🤣🤣😭 Whyyyy is it that always slipped in at the end of a post like this I am genuinely curious (and dying laughing rn, thanks for that!). "Call Center IT JobsTM" is actually becoming a meme on this website and I live for that fact.

The news you shared is amazing and really interesting though.

Last edited:
It ALL comes down to us folks on this forum boostering the boosterism exhibited by those in YYC over those previously flaunted “Call Center IT” jobs…..which they are…to think anything but would be foolhardy. Regardless, I can appreciate those that think they are important. I just despise feeding the folks down south any fuel to think that they “have one up on us” due to these cubicle based jobs answering phone calls about credit cards and department store cards etc……

It ALL comes down to us folks on this forum boostering the boosterism exhibited by those in YYC over those previously flaunted “Call Center IT” jobs…..which they are…to think anything but would be foolhardy. Regardless, I can appreciate those that think they are important. I just despise feeding the folks down south any fuel to think that they “have one up on us” due to these cubicle based jobs answering phone calls about credit cards and department store cards etc……
Your problem is believing that all IT jobs are Call Centre jobs... But again, your moniker is justified.

Your problem is believing that all IT jobs are Call Centre jobs... But again, your moniker is justified.
My problem? Your problem is believing that IT jobs located in Redmond, Bellevue and Palo Alto are somehow related to those Pizza 73 call Center jobs announced in YYC a few months back……

I am not surprised about this discussion. There is generally a lot of hype around IT, which does not always translate into reality.

There are companies that try capitalize on this by portraying jobs that are glorified clerical or call center ones as something else.

Of course, also there is a range of jobs in actual IT companies and it is not all high paying glamorous stuff.

We want ALL types of jobs in Edmonton, including the "fancy IT" ones. If they're all call centre jobs, sweet, we have office vacancies to fill with very good telecom solutions available.

Trying to be picky over the type of jobs we attract is a losing strategy

Last edited:

Back