News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

I love Concordia's attitude - "we love Edmonton and its heritage."
That is the complete opposite of the U of A and their penchant for demolishing historical buildings.
Yeah I think U of A has two they want to demolish now, of course not accounting for the ones already demolished in Garneau.

They don't take a very good attitude to the community at times and then wonder why there is more ambivalence or animosity to them than they expect.

Mackay Avenue School is getting its various sets of steps redone.
DSC00741.JPG

Are there any Starbucks left in Edmonton's city core? It seems they've all disappeared from downtown and Old Strathcona except for the one attached to the Matrix Hotel. Not that I'm complaining since local coffee bistros can take over.
I agree but there’s already Rosso Nero and District (assuming it ever reopens) so close by. I don’t know how much third wave coffee we can fit in the area much as I’d like a Transcend to open there

Last edited:
Is the Starbux on Jasper and 109 still there? Where the heck are people going to get coffee? Is the Starbux on 101 Street and Jasper still there - it was my go to place.

Going to EDC on August 3.

C.1. 16:40 Edmonton Convention Centre Renewal (for DP) - Dialog

From August 3 EDC Minutes re: Edmonton Convention Centre Renewal:

Motion of support with conditions

While the Committee supports the project, there are several items which could benefit from additional design refinement, such as:
● Physical and visual transition and relationship between Veterans Plaza and Jasper Avenue
● Size and visual impact of canopy letter signage, as viewed from east, should better reflect scale of development
● Relationship of the proposed fascia relative to the profile of the terracotta slats

Back