News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Hey, I just thought of something cool: I was zooming around Google Earth and stopped by the massive Elmwood Townhomes site and then imagined the Misericordia Station being right across the street, then it hit me! This site, with it's massive size, amenity access (WEM) and future mass transit connection is the perfect TOD opportunity, one of the best in the whole city if you ask me. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be surprised if down the line (😏 ) we see a developer pick this up in the near future and announce a massive project 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 264552
This is a Maclab Property... I'm sure it is coming up in short order following their downtown/university project. You'll also see the property near Southgate owned by Maclab as another property that will be up and coming.

What land do they own by Southgate?

The properties managed by Midwest Property Management (their rental company) - The Village at Southgate, Ascot Arms, Empire Park and Pleasantview Townhomes.

So, basically all of the land south of 51 Ave, west of 106 St, east of 108a St and north of the Whitemud (except McKee School and the associated park site and the small strip mall at 51 Ave and 106 St), which is give or take 18 hectares total.

There is a new apartment building going up in the vacant lot on 101 street south of the traffic circle. 11723 - 101 St. Apparently 16 units, 4 floors, no basement ( I can see they are building right on top of the dirt). There had been some houses here years ago.
IMG_6732.JPG
IMG_6739.JPG
IMG_6736.JPG

Also, right near the baseball bat, the old electrical building is being turned into something else. 118 avenue at 102 street. Anyone know? I'm glad it no longer looks to be abandoned at least. Maybe I missed the project sign.View attachment 265823View attachment 265824

I think it's most likely being coverted to retail with an addition to add more retail. Doesn't look like you can build any residential there considering the size of the lot

Also, right near the baseball bat, the old electrical building is being turned into something else. 118 avenue at 102 street. Anyone know? I'm glad it no longer looks to be abandoned at least. Maybe I missed the project sign.View attachment 265823View attachment 265824

Correct, will be commercial:

This EPCOR substation at 118 Ave and 97 Street is being converted into commercial uses:

View attachment 230976

^^ Last I heard it was slated to become a "boutique hotel" - it would be great to see a hotel in that area especially if the 220-room APX Hotel ever gets off the ground. That being said, I realize the entire area needs some serious help (from all aspects) and I hope that whatever is done, is done responsibly, while keep ALL affected people in mind.

Saw this work started a couple of weeks ago:

Description: To construct Exterior Alteration Building envelope upgrades consisting of new windows(no change in existing opening), new metal panel cladding, new entrance canopies. "Edmonton Terrace Building"
Permit date: September 2, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class:
Issued
Address: 9515 - 107 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: AJ, A, A, DC1
Value: $3,000,000.00

Back