News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Some movement on this property (105 Street as you're coming uphill):

View attachment 264126
View attachment 264127

Looks like they're going to be rezoning from an existing DC2 to HDR, which will allow a building up to 50m (the DC2 allowed up to 77.5m or 26 stories).

I'm not too choked up about the change, the DC2 was designed as an early 2000s BZKa special from the look of it, complete with requisite blank stucco wall.
View attachment 264130View attachment 264129

Good to hear! This one has been sitting empty forever. Would love to actually see something happen here.

By the U last week. and drove by Lister Hall. The upgrades and renovations look complete in the first building. Noticed the Solar Panels as well. Looks like they are gutting the units and replacing all the windows. New Res is beside.
Lister hall.jpg

Some movement on this property (105 Street as you're coming uphill):

View attachment 264126
View attachment 264127

Looks like they're going to be rezoning from an existing DC2 to HDR, which will allow a building up to 50m (the DC2 allowed up to 77.5m or 26 stories).

I'm not too choked up about the change, the DC2 was designed as an early 2000s BZKa special from the look of it, complete with requisite blank stucco wall.
View attachment 264130View attachment 264129

Drove by this last night and was wondering when something is going to go up there.
We need something new and hopefully nice to distract from the hideous paint by numbers building in front of it, and the fugly Peregrine Point across the street from that.

Looks like a building is set to go up on this lot between Chez Pierre's and the dry cleaners:

View attachment 264276

Reference ID: Job No 370476799-002
Description: Construction of (a) new building(s)
Plan NB Blk 5 Lot 68
Applicant: JACQUELYN SKEFFINGTON
Create Date: 8/17/2020 11:06:28 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

This has been up for sale for a long time now. Happy to hear something is in the works. Hopefully this spurs more development south of Jasper on 105 Street

Last edited:
By the U last week. and drove by Lister Hall. The upgrades and renovations look complete in the first building. Noticed the Solar Panels as well. Looks like they are gutting the units and replacing all the windows. New Res is beside.
View attachment 264306

I had no idea this was going on! Nice!

Looks like a building is set to go up on this lot between Chez Pierre's and the dry cleaners:

View attachment 264276

Reference ID: Job No 370476799-002
Description: Construction of (a) new building(s)
Plan NB Blk 5 Lot 68
Applicant: JACQUELYN SKEFFINGTON
Create Date: 8/17/2020 11:06:28 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

I am sorry to say that this is not actually a new building, but a temporary trailer for one of those 'ghost kitchens'. Let down indeed!

Last edited:
Hey, I just thought of something cool: I was zooming around Google Earth and stopped by the massive Elmwood Townhomes site and then imagined the Misericordia Station being right across the street, then it hit me! This site, with it's massive size, amenity access (WEM) and future mass transit connection is the perfect TOD opportunity, one of the best in the whole city if you ask me. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be surprised if down the line (😏 ) we see a developer pick this up in the near future and announce a massive project 🤷‍♂️

elmwood townhomes.PNG

Lots of these around the city, built to fill a critical demand for housing after the war, on what was cheap land at the time. Having lived in one of these complexes (in Athlone), I can say they definitely weren't built to last. But they do currently provide market-affordable housing.

Back