News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

^ Your absolutely right, lots of history/provenance, international style, but I would imagine a developer might be faced with a difficult integration of the Paramount into a new project. I look forward to hearing more info on the purchasers intentions. Hopefully it will be good news.

I just witnessed on twitter a ribbon cutting ceremony for the demo of the Chinatown Mall performed by Councillor Scott McKeen and the tweet "another exciting project happening in the quarters. A big thankyou to Cidex for working with the City of Edmonton and the community." - https://twitter.com/i/topics/tweet/1075143947125587968?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw==&refsrc=email - so it seems like Cidex actually is planning another development here. It would be nice if they could up their game vis-a-vis architectural design.

@archited I really hope so, too! I wouldn't want more Edgewater and Jaspers (I mean, the towers are decent on their own, but any more of them and we might as well make all stucco towers:rolleyes:)

MacEwan University's new Campus Master Plan has been approved by their board of governors:

View attachment 162055
View attachment 162056

View attachment 162057

Highlights include:

Near-term
  • Turning the 106 and 108 St forecourts into more pedestrian-friendly spaces
  • Painted crosswalks surrounding the campus for improved safety
  • Improved public space around residence building
Short-term
  • New Indigenous Centre in Robbins Centre
  • Infilling 110 St. underpass
  • Closure of Alberta Campus (near ATB Place) to consolidate with main campus
  • Permanent sidewalk, crosswalk, public space, and forecourt upgrades
Medium-term
  • New School of Business building north of Christenson and SAMU
  • Redesign of 105 St. and 109 St.
  • Redesign of ceremonial quad
  • Expansion of building 7 toward 105 Ave.
  • New atrium over 107 St. forecourt
  • Ground-level infill in west parkade along 109 St.
Long-term
  • Complete removal of west parkade for new quad
  • New buildings along 105 Ave. including expansion of Building 6
  • Expansion of Buildings 7 and 8 along 104 Ave.
https://www.macewan.ca/wcm/Discover/OurPriorities/CampusMasterPlan/index.htm

'Making MacEwan more accessible': Green space, frontage, transit focus of university's master plan
https://edmontonjournal.com/news/lo...tage-transit-focus-of-universitys-master-plan

Once construction is complete on the student union building at 109 Street, work will begin on the business school which will be located directly to its north. Once that is complete, the university will have freed up space to offer the science department.

Hey. There is a potion of the brewery district in the middle of the parking lot east of the car wash (between 118 and 111 st north of 104 ave) that is fenced off for some type of development. Wondering if anyone on this forum knew whats happening? Forgot to take a picture today.

Last edited:

Back