News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

Don't think this was Regency, was it? Either way, something went very wrong and when I walked by over the holidays it was not looking good. Curious to know more about where and how the water was getting in.

Everytime I've gone there it seems relatively busy. The WEM location is a zoo so it's nice having a second option that isn't chaos.
Also, Edmonton is not a tiny town anymore and getting to the west end can be a bit of an undertaking if you are in another part of the city further away. So having two stores or more makes sense.

I don't go to IKEA much because it is way down on the south side and wish they had one in another part of town too.

Also, Edmonton is not a tiny town anymore and getting to the west end can be a bit of an undertaking if you are in another part of the city further away. So having two stores or more makes sense.

I don't go to IKEA much because it is way down on the south side and wish they had one in another part of town too.
A north side IKEA would print money but based on their business model it will be a while until we have our second location (the entire Lower Mainland only has two locations, for example).

A north side IKEA would print money but based on their business model it will be a while until we have our second location (the entire Lower Mainland only has two locations, for example).
A centrally located Ikea would probably print even more money, even if it was not necessarily Downtown, but say, somewhere close to the Commonwealth for example.

^retail generally prefers higher income areas or those with very significant density.

I’ve been to Ikea a few times lately and I WISH they would open a second location. I was there on a Monday at 11 am and place was still packed. I suppose you’re right—that’s what their retail model is designed to be, just sucks having to drive so damn far south to get to it.

Imo St Albert Trail and 137 Ave area would have been a good spot for a 2nd location. Serve all of north Edmonton, St Albert, most of west Edmonton, and be more convenient for Spruce Grove/Stony Plain folks.

A newer location would be the SW corner of ST Al trail and the Henday. could get in from 156st. that land is supposed to be serviced this year I believe.

A newer location would be the SW corner of ST Al trail and the Henday. could get in from 156st. that land is supposed to be serviced this year I believe.

Yup - in fact there's a For Sign sale on that large swath of land between 156 St and the transmission lines.

1675961851022.png

1675961699820.png

Back