News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Dub owned is like the definition of a blessing and a curse. Means the odds of something unique, interesting and meaningful being built there is a lot higher than if some random numbered company owned it, but it also means that if something is going to be built, it’s going to take 3-5x longer than anyone else.

Dub owned is like the definition of a blessing and a curse. Means the odds of something unique, interesting and meaningful being built there is a lot higher than if some random numbered company owned it, but it also means that if something is going to be built, it’s going to take 3-5x longer than anyone else.
As an investment banker, I'd love to get a look at his project cash flows and returns just given how long it takes him to accomplish anything. At a very high-level, if he were to speed up his projects at a more comparable pace to what other similar developments take, I can only imagine how much more lucrative it could be for his firm just by simple time value of money. Project finance 101.

As an investment banker, I'd love to get a look at his project cash flows and returns just given how long it takes him to accomplish anything. At a very high-level, if he were to speed up his projects at a more comparable pace to what other similar developments take, I can only imagine how much more lucrative it could be for his firm just by simple time value of money. Project finance 101.
No question about it, however there’s clearly some method to the madness given the empire he’s built. Never met the man but he strikes me as the type where the money is just a means to an end; his passion for architecture, development, city building and building his legacy being what drives his decision making (within reason).

Another older building set to be demolished at 9609 103 Ave. @Avenuer is this another Dub property?

1652476967807.png

Similarly, has PCL even had a tower crane up here in Edmonton since Stantec? They’ve been actually fairly quiet on anything vertical around here since ICE District but I know they’ve had their Civil & Buildings division’s hands pretty full with Fort Road and what seems like a million varied special projects (Goldbar WWTP, Windemere fire station, Stollery, Misercordia Emerg upgrade, etc) but I am surprised they weren’t awarded at least one of the tower projects here.

The Parks especially would have been their bread and butter.

Back