News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

I could have sworn they started ground last summer on this
Pretty sure they demo'd the existing structures on the lot, but that was about it

Can’t remember if this one has a thread… I remember someone here mentioning instep physiotherapy, which is what the little sign says on the window. Decent little building for 107 Avenue. 107th is still pretty affordable and close to Grant McEwan, so maybe one day will have a similar vibe here to what whyte ave once was. Probably not anytime soon… But one day! Lol

999E6D3A-FA73-4B22-96E9-EA9766BFDF39.jpeg

D5AECC0D-0DF6-4DFB-9BAD-5ACC8CB02021.jpeg

Are you confirming that? I should probably know as we provided some stuff for that job but we just referred to it as SE Edm Highschool project, lol

$102M PUBLIC HS....could have sworn that the Catholic Board has been screaming for a new one....

See the link of the bottom of the page to a NEW Catholic HS for Heritage Valley staring this year.

Last edited:

I know there is a thread for this one but.....wowzer's! Best proposal yet!!!!!! Certainly better then the "Emerald" Holiday Inn monster akin to the MGM Grand in Vegas....

I know there is a thread for this one but.....wowzer's! Best proposal yet!!!!!! Certainly better then the "Emerald" Holiday Inn monster akin to the MGM Grand in Vegas....

Honestly, not too bad considering the area. I appreciate the setback sidewalks with storage room on the entrances/exits to Calgary trail and gateway. The parking lot is also pretty decent (as far as surface lots go) - sidewalks, painted crosswalks, a few benches.

I don't like the fact of having more office space going in an area where the only real option is to drive - and on two major roadways with already high volumes of traffic. May need to add another lane in each direction at this rate, haha 😢

I don't even know - is there public transportation along Gateway or Calgary Trail?

I don't like the fact of having more office space going in an area where the only real option is to drive - and on two major roadways with already high volumes of traffic. May need to add another lane in each direction at this rate, haha 😢

I don't even know - is there public transportation along Gateway or Calgary Trail?
This is a 13 minute bus ride from Southgate LRT. Not that that's fantastic but it should be fairly accessible.

I am not sure what people expect, this is next to Superstore, with its huge parking lot. So, this office building is going to have a significant parking component.

Isn't it better to fill a long empty lot in this more central area rather than build this on the edge of the city where it may not be accessible by transit at all?

Raises the standard for the area a bit. I don't understand why no one tries designing these things with a central turf grass, restaurants on the first floor and the office space above or in a small tower. They will already have underground parking, why don't give the surface back to people instead of cars?

Back