News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Misc. Transportation Projects

Well hopefully the city is performing this work in conjunction with the de-rustification of the Low Level bridges?

Province not responding to an Edmonton city councillor (Cartmell) inquiry about public safety at an intersection and its been weeks and weeks and they are not addressing it? Funny but not surprising how they are sticking their nose where it's not needed but not addressing something they are solely responsible for.

What has traditionally been the city's method for deciding which major road to renew?

Right now they list, 95 Ave, 97 St (south side), 124 St, 132 Ave and 76 Ave as the only major roads/collectors up for renewal.

There's a lot of roads that need some love, but with the neighbourhood renewal done in Alberta Ave, and happening now in Mccauley, it really highlights just how bad 95 St, 107a Ave, and 111 ave all are through this part of town. 95 St in particular does a real disservice to how good it could be.
I would think they would be on an internal list of some kind for "fix this eventually" but I've never seen something like a long-term list for main street renewals. Is there such a thing?

And if not, who do we have to bully to make this happen?

What has traditionally been the city's method for deciding which major road to renew?

Right now they list, 95 Ave, 97 St (south side), 124 St, 132 Ave and 76 Ave as the only major roads/collectors up for renewal.

There's a lot of roads that need some love, but with the neighbourhood renewal done in Alberta Ave, and happening now in Mccauley, it really highlights just how bad 95 St, 107a Ave, and 111 ave all are through this part of town. 95 St in particular does a real disservice to how good it could be.
I would think they would be on an internal list of some kind for "fix this eventually" but I've never seen something like a long-term list for main street renewals. Is there such a thing?

And if not, who do we have to bully to make this happen?
Is the southern part of 124st getting a refresh any time?

That graph is evidence why we can't allocate one block of 83 Ave for a pedestrian realm permanently or a few lanes here or there to active transportation uses. We just don't have enough roadway to spare.

Plus it's needed for parking.

Back