News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Misc. Transportation Projects

A traffic circle would be ideal at the intersection of 109 St and 61 Ave, far better than the dog's breakfast that's there now.
Relocate that McDonald's - it is a major hindrance.

1696805822506.png

A traffic circle would be ideal at the intersection of 109 St and 61 Ave, far better than the dog's breakfast that's there now.

View attachment 511946
Sorry what was that? I heard relocate the Mcdonald's to the middle of the roundabout.

Mcdonalds Island shall live on!

View attachment 511946
It's honestly not that bad. I drive there frequently (and at one point, daily, at several different times of the day) and it generally has good flow, and I don't think I've counted more than one or two accidents in at least a couple of years (no more than at least a dozen of less busy intersections).

Closing it? For god knows how long, to make a traffic circle, would be too much inconvenience and cost for a very marginal improvement. I remember when they had that sinkhole that closed east-west for months, and it was an absolute nightmare.

This afternoon I was reminded why I now avoid St. Albert like the plague.

After enduring red traffic light after red traffic light on St. Albert Trail, I turned onto Villeneuve Rd, traversed a traffic circle and was suddenly greeted by a dead end. Apparently the damn frogs are doing more construction work on a section of the road. Couldn't they have done this work last year when the road was closed? And once again there weren't any signs on St. Albert Trail stating that Villeneuve Rd was closed. So I turned back onto St. Albert Trail and endured more red traffic lights until I finally escaped into Edmonton.

Villeneuve Rd is now reopen. I was able to drive from Ray Gibbon Dr to St Albert Trail.
Nevertheless I'll still try to avoid St Albert like the plague.

Villeneuve Rd is now reopen. I was able to drive from Ray Gibbon Dr to St Albert Trail.
Nevertheless I'll still try to avoid St Albert like the plague.
Well if that 127st bypass ever gets built , it would take a lot of the load off St Al Trail. If I have to go from south St Al to the North Side I take Ray Gibbons now. For some reason its faster than all the lights and bad drivers.

Back