News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Misc. Transportation Projects

This afternoon I was reminded why I now avoid St. Albert like the plague.

After enduring red traffic light after red traffic light on St. Albert Trail, I turned onto Villeneuve Rd, traversed a traffic circle and was suddenly greeted by a dead end. Apparently the damn frogs are doing more construction work on a section of the road. Couldn't they have done this work last year when the road was closed? And once again there weren't any signs on St. Albert Trail stating that Villeneuve Rd was closed. So I turned back onto St. Albert Trail and endured more red traffic lights until I finally escaped into Edmonton.

Last edited:
This afternoon I was reminded why I now avoid St. Albert like the plague.

After enduring red traffic light after red traffic light on St. Albert Trail, I turned onto Villeneuve Rd, traversed a traffic circle and was suddenly greeted by a dead end. Apparently the damn frogs are doing more construction work on a section of the road. Couldn't they have done this work last year when the road was closed? And once again there weren't any signs on St. Albert Trail stating that Villeneuve Rd was closed. So I turned back onto St. Albert Trail and endured more red traffic lights until I finally escaped into Edmonton.
You and I could get along well. The Trail in St Albert is my least favourite road in the whole metro region. Last summer a buddy was giving me directions while driving to his lake and it had me driving down the Trail at rush hour on a long weekend Friday with my 5th wheel hooked up behind me. Swore after that I’d never drive the St Albert section of it again

Hell I live in St Albert and I hate the road. The north section construction never seems to be finished. And they restart so late in the year that the work get stopped by the weather. Villeneuve Rd is the other pain. Yes they could have done all that work last year but they budget it in phases. There are signs up but they are not placed in the best locations. Should be as you turn onto the road. They are placed along St Al trail. When having to go through town I tend to find alternate routes but even those are screwed up. St Anne water and sewage line construction tends to be a yearly thing now. I've work on civil infrastructure projects and I cannot believe how slow this is going. They should have been done already but it look like they only started. (Again). And You can't use Ray Gibbons to By Pass St Al trail because of Villeneuve rd closure. The only gravel road N/S is also closed due to a bridge closure.

Gosh, I was sitting at an appointment along this route on the weekend, and was hoping this stretch of 3rd world curb and gutter was getting done this year, only to realize it has been put on the back burner until next year.

Gosh, I was sitting at an appointment along this route on the weekend, and was hoping this stretch of 3rd world curb and gutter was getting done this year, only to realize it has been put on the back burner until next year.
I agree it's bad, but you haven't been to a lot of 3rd world countries, have you?

Fw1R0rYaIAA2ejx

Back