News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Misc. Transportation Projects

Speaking of new crossings, I saw the other day they were in the process of installing a new crossing at 97 St. and 112 Ave. Looking forward to not having to jaywalk across anymore!
1685987589573.png

St Albert Trail is getting 2 more 4 way lights. 122ave and then up at Dovercourt/Shebrook ave intersection are getting full lights. Great 2 more spots to slow traffic.

Trying to cross St. Albert Trail there as a pedestrian is miserable. The lights take forever.
I never used the ped lights but never saw traffic stuck there that long. Left turning though was an issue. Now it seems people are turning left at 122ave now, My first 15 years I lived on Dovercourt and we never had lights there. But then again there was not much north of the Bonaventure Hotel (That's Dating myself) either.

If this doesn't happen at the next renewal of 112 Street, which is the main interface between U of A campus and Garneau, I will throw my face through the ghost of Jane Jacobs.
Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 4.08.05 PM.png

St Albert Trail is getting 2 more 4 way lights. 122ave and then up at Dovercourt/Shebrook ave intersection are getting full lights. Great 2 more spots to slow traffic.

Just a thought, but won't these new traffic lights facilitate removing those damnable traffic lights from the 118 Ave traffic circle?
I drove through this traffic circle recently and it's one of the worst intersections in this city.

Last edited:
Just a thought, but won't these new traffic lights facilitate removing those damnable traffic lights from the 118 Ave traffic circle?
I drove through this traffic circle recently and it's one of the worst intersections in this city.
Nope those stay just adds more stops along the route.

Back