7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Misc. Transportation Projects

Isn't there a MUP on 106st?

106 St is just a residential road.

Isn't there one on the east side of 103st/Gateway?

No there isn't.

104 St is a major thoroughfare heading south to YEG and Calgary, but it has a single NB lane from University Ave to Sask Drive that is rarely used by vehicles. It makes perfect sense to transform that NB lane into an MUP. Perhaps it can be used for various events and festivals and whatnot.

I'm not opposed to it, but just seeing what capacities are there right now.

Probably makes sense to do that.

I filled out the Insight survey. I told them to do away with the sand entirely in favor of alternative solutions. This sand is the reason why our streets are turned into mud and shit every winter, and why we have a spring cleanup that lasts until summer. "Dirt City" indeed...

Very much so. Contractors put a ton of material out there, but in my experience 90% of those bins in Downtown are broken, tipped over or more commonly used are refuse bins.

They are unsightly, add dust to the area year-round and rarely used.

I filled out the Insight survey. I told them to do away with the sand entirely in favor of alternative solutions. This sand is the reason why our streets are turned into mud and shit every winter, and why we have a spring cleanup that lasts until summer. "Dirt City" indeed...
The sand worked more in a climate decades ago when things froze for weeks or months. I realize they are not always accurate, but the city seems to do things willy nilly without paying any attention to the weather or forcasts. The latest is plowing streets when the weather had warmed up and it was mostly melting away.

Highway 28 twinning is desperately needed. If Highway 63 is twinned between.Lac La Biche and Fort McMurray, much of that traffic will be coming through Highway 28.
Yup, at least to Redwater should've happened a decade or more ago since you have industrial traffic from further north mixing with commuters from Redwater, Gibbons, Bon Accord, Sturgeon County and CFB Namao all within 50 km of the Henday. The pavement quality of 28 is quite bad as well.

The other one that should have been upgraded is 37 between Onaway and Ft Sask. Lots of heavy truck traffic along that one.

May not need twinning but add proper shoulders. If a truck is stopped along there you have to go into the oncoming lane now.

The other one that should have been upgraded is 37 between Onaway and Ft Sask. Lots of heavy truck traffic along that one.

May not need twinning but add proper shoulders. If a truck is stopped along there you have to go into the oncoming lane now.
Yup, and many sections of that highway are due for a complete repave as well.

Back