News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Misc. Parks and Greenspace Projects

105 street public park DP going to EDC on March 21, 2023:
1677253743785.png

Last edited:
Just beside the Whitemud and west of Snow Valley there has been some major tree removal occurring beside the MUP going up the hill towards the Terwilligar exit. Could this be in preparation for the future pedestrian bridge across Whitemud Drive?

Just beside the Whitemud and west of Snow Valley there has been some major tree removal occurring beside the MUP going up the hill towards the Terwilligar exit. Could this be in preparation for the future pedestrian bridge across Whitemud Drive?
Yeah, I believe that's for the pedestrian bridge.

Rice and Principe voted against citing safety concerns and social disorder and yet the reports indicate an overall positive experience.

“We have not seen any issues. People are well-behaved when they are using picnic sites and it allows people the opportunity to connect with friends and families, particularly those who don’t have a backyard.”

So, your report/data says one thing and yet you still vote against and disagree? Are they representing their ward or themselves?

Interesting.

OK I have now been riding on the Whitemud 3 times this season. Did not get on it at all last year and only 2 times in 2019. The conditions are great but will probably not be good by mid week. That said we have taken quite a few people down there that have not experienced Whitemud Creek valley.

I think it blows peoples minds that we have that incredible wild park right near the heart of the city. And to experience it in the winter while riding on the creek is that much more special. We do not get to ride that valley in the summer so unless you are hiking you cannot get the whole valley in.
You can currently do the creek from the river to the Henday.

OK I have now been riding on the Whitemud 3 times this season. Did not get on it at all last year and only 2 times in 2019. The conditions are great but will probably not be good by mid week. That said we have taken quite a few people down there that have not experienced Whitemud Creek valley.

I think it blows peoples minds that we have that incredible wild park right near the heart of the city. And to experience it in the winter while riding on the creek is that much more special. We do not get to ride that valley in the summer so unless you are hiking you cannot get the whole valley in.
You can currently do the creek from the river to the Henday.
Even better is to take an inflatable kayak down the creek from 23 Ave to the river after a good rain so the flow rate is high. There are even some minor rapids on parts, which are very fun! Did it once early July last year and hope to go again this year.

Even better is to take an inflatable kayak down the creek from 23 Ave to the river after a good rain so the flow rate is high. There are even some minor rapids on parts, which are very fun! Did it once early July last year and hope to go again this year.
Those beaver dams can be fun after high water. The ride from the river up to 23ave we gained over 38 meters in elevation.

Back