News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Misc. Parks and Greenspace Projects

If the city wants the MUP to stay granular, maybe look at the type of aggregate that is used. There is a gravel being used in Lois Hole Park that packs well, is small and you can push a wheelchair over it quite easily.

Any chance of building a stairway that connects 103 St to 104 St via 99 Ave?

I find it rather inconvenient having to travel up to 100 Ave, wait for a traffic signal, walk a block, wait for another traffic signal and then travel 104 St to 99 Ave.
A stairway would be more convenient and shave off a few minutes.
I'm going to forward this idea to the new city council.

20211015_113247.jpg

I'd just like the wooden boardwalk/stairs restored on the west side of the street from 98ave-100.

As would I. Those were definitely a little rickety last time I went up the, almost uncomfortably rickety. But instead of stopping at simply rebuilding those stairs, I'd like to see maybe like terraced community garden or park in the hill right next to it and some improved lighting

'Car only path'?

I see walkers, cyclists and vehicles there.

Again, I don't disagree that improvements could be made but I play tennis and walk the pup down there and it has never been a problem. People are respectful and share the space. If anything, the condition of the roadway is the biggest issue. That said, I'd like to see some upgrades made.

We're supposed to be moving towards a cycling/pedestrian-oriented city, thus having no bike lanes nor sidewalks from the Walterdale Bridge to the Menzies Bridge is not really that acceptable to me.
I am going to propose this change to the new City Council before year end.

We're supposed to be moving towards a cycling/pedestrian-oriented city, thus having no bike lanes nor sidewalks from the Walterdale Bridge to the Menzies Bridge is not really that acceptable to me.
I am going to propose this change to the new City Council before year end.

I think there's definitely a gap there in MUP network, however because that road is filling the gap right now, it's a lower priority (as it should be).
The whole trail system needs some TLC, so perhaps as part of a larger rehab project this can be incorporated into that

Back