MacEwan University School of Business | ?m | ?s | MacEwan University

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like the design, dislike the decision on the location.

I would have put this on the far east side of campus as close to the CBD as possible; front and centre at 105/104ave.

A little bit too bad It'll be tucked behind everything else, but hopefully it helps to further develop that area. Love the design!

Mac Ewan does not have a front or back side. 104ave is normally chosen for the fact it is more appealing. the main structure is symmetrical; the only difference is the north portion is underdeveloped. In another 30 years, this will change just like how this school changed the barren land after the rail tracks were torn out.

Like the design, dislike the decision on the location.

I would have put this on the far east side of campus as close to the CBD as possible; front and centre at 105/104ave.
Do they own land over there? I like that this pushes north and helps to breakdown the "wall" of 104. More north facing stuff is badly needed. I also like that it's central to the SU building that just got done. Will add some depth to the campus!

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 8.20.47 PM.png

This is a great location right on 109th. I'm really hopeful that MacEwan will continue to look north and push it's campus towards106 ave. There are plenty of empty or underdeveloped lots that could support some new buildings as well could be home to a nice quad for the University.

The question was asked in the video clip from Global but not answered - when is construction expected to start on this great plan.

I love what MacEwan U has done and they are continually enhancing the Southside fronting 104Ave. I was told the plan is to remove all vehicle access from 104 Ave and so any parking on the Southside will be gone.

As was shared earlier, one of the plans is for outdoor sport courts at 108st and they've been told to think big. The ask is to have those courts built with a retractable roof so they can be used year around but be outdoor for at least half the year. Cost may prohibit that, but that's the ask.

When the idea of where MacEwan's main campus should be built back in the 80s, one idea being pushed by a few council members was it should be built by the Clareview LRT when lots of land was there. The thought was it would create lrt traffic in both directions rather than all going Downtown. Fair point but glad it's downtown.

Last edited:
The question was asked in the video clip from Global but not answered - when is construction expected to start on this great plan.

I love what MacEwan U has done and they are continually enhancing the Southside fronting 104Ave. I was told the plan is to remove all vehicle access from 104 Ave and so any parking on the Southside will be gone.

As was shared earlier, one of the plans is for outdoor sport courts at 108st and they've been told to think big. The ask is to have those courts built with a retractable roof so they can be used year around but be open for at least half the year. Cost may prohibit that, but that's the ask.

When the idea of where MacEwan's main campus should be built back in the 80s, one idea being pushed by a few council members was it should be built by the Clareview LRT when lots of land was there. The thought was it would create lrt traffic in both directions rather than all going Downtown. Fair point but glad it's downtown.
Yeah, honestly afraid of what our downtown would be without UofA, Macewan, Norquest and a few other small schools there/adjacent. If we had them farther away like UBC, it would be rough.

I go to MacEwan and love that it is downtown. Sometimes during my breaks, I walk around downtown since it's pretty nice. Being in the business program, we do need a new building since there isn't a lot of space to sit down and study outside of the library. Usually, when I study during my breaks, I walk to the new buildings (SAMU and the Arts building) since there is more space and it's nicer. It isn't a long walk, less than five minutes, but it would be nice to have a new building and not travel as much.

I won't experience the new building since I will graduate by then, but I am excited for the students who will use it in 2026. I know that everyone loves to study and hangout in the new buildings that MacEwan built in the last couple of years.

Back