News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Jasper Avenue New Vision / Imagine Jasper Avenue

I walked down the 109-114st stretch - I didn't notice any places to lock up a bike. Does anybody know if that is still coming or is that not part of the plan? Or I wouldn't put it past myself to just have missed it and there are actually spots.

Looking at the work done around the Mac and leading down to the funicular looks great! much more accessible for people using wheelchairs or scooters.

The worst part about trying to get there before was the curb cuts and trying to navigate the smoothest path down to the landing area to use the funicular and the trails.

Great Pics @Avenuer !

I know this has been brought up earlier, but I really wish the City designed this more for a winter city. Will definitely feel much safer to walk along Jasper, but it also feels hella "concretey" lol, even with landscaping elements incoming.

Will be much nicer in the summer, that's for sure.

Love the look and feel around the Mac now.

DO NOT love the bollards out front of 112st/Circle K.
I think you need something to protect pedestrians from the vehicles parking at the Circle K and the liquor store. Could maybe have put planters or seats on that alignment and left the full width of the sidewalk to the road clear?

Great Pics @Avenuer !

I know this has been brought up earlier, but I really wish the City designed this more for a winter city. Will definitely feel much safer to walk along Jasper, but it also feels hella "concretey" lol, even with landscaping elements incoming.

Will be much nicer in the summer, that's for sure.

I am hoping some of the new lighting features will be able to brighten up the winter. Not sure exactly what the lights standards will be able to do, but it looks like there will at least be dedicated pedestrian lights and places for banners/art. I wonder if the new planting beds have power for string lights...

Wonder why they have closed the two northbound lanes on 101 Street again? Thought it would just be left alone, but now they have a ton of plastic pipe ready to go and have cut into the fresh pavement again. It was open for about 3 days. Reminds me of when they paved 83 Ave between 99 Street and Gateway Blvd one summer to tear it all up the next and install the bike lanes.

Utility duct installation. Apparently coordination was not part of the project. Hell they had this road cored right down. Now we have a nice strip that will sink in the spring.
isn’t that how we know we’re driving in edmonton? don’t you realize how disorienting it would be if that were no longer the case?

some interesting storm drainage details IMG_3573.JPGIMG_3574.JPGIMG_3575.JPGIMG_3576.JPGIMG_3577.JPG

Back