News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

Had lunch at Earl of Sandwich today. Their Cuban sammich was delicious! Will return.
I keep hearing epic things about this place. Like from co-workers who ate in Las Vegas all the time and raved about how Edmonton must get one soon... And I love me a Cubano melt!

Or maybe the so-called "naysayers and negative-ninnies" prefer to focus on local eateries and locally-owned eateries (i.e. no headquarters that have moved to the west coast) over these generic American chains.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a Dave & Busters in ICE District or WEM.
If only Cineplex hadn't wimped out in ICE they could have easily added a Chapters/Indigo, Cineplex and Rec Room all in one and made it the entertainment destination of choice within 15 km. But instead we got groceries and a bank and not much else... And I use the "royal" we since the population cluster on site is rapidly failing to appear... At least in the next while...

I keep hearing epic things about this place. Like from co-workers who ate in Las Vegas all the time and raved about how Edmonton must get one soon... And I love me a Cubano melt!
Meh….they’re alright. I’d much prefer a Jersey Mike’s, Potbelly or Firehouse Subs (of which we will apparently get with the parent company of Tim’s) buying the company…..

Earl is quite good, better than most, but mostly to fill an empty stomach after a night out and empty wallet from cards.

^Need to try it myself, but I've only heard very mediocre reviews so far. Early days, will try it a few times and see.

Earl in Vegas was the best sandwich I ever had but it was medium rare roastbeef that had all the flavor and they don't do that in Canada for some reason. Disappointed.

I also enjoyed Earl of Sandwich the couple times I've been there. Nothing super fancy, but I would say better value than Subway. I also appreciate having Fresh Slice Pizza a couple doors away too. Great to have a pizza by the slice option in the area

Is this place still open? @IanO ?

20220627_205851.jpg

And Cali Pizza Kitchen by months end…….their patio is gonna be jamming! 4 sets of garage doors that open out….can’t wait

Back