News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

Hit up the new Bent Stick tasting room Friday. Great new spot. A ton more room than the last location. And its dog friendly. Must have been 6 dogs there. Right across the street from Blind Enthusiasms Keg room. Beer alley is definitely going to be a tasting tour location.

I'm looking forward to doing a crawl there with some Edmonton expats this summer.

A Texas-style barbecue restaurant is opening in south Edmonton on Thursday.

Dickey's Barbecue Pit's location at 5125 Mullen Road NW will be the American chain's first restaurant in Canada, a company release said.

This is the third American chain to open their first Canadian location in SW Edmonton this year, along with PF Changs and California Pizza Kitchen.

Has anyone participated in Downtown Dining Week? I had lunch at Bite of Brazil on Sunday and Chop for dinner last night. I plan to hit up Ruth Chris, Guru, Envie and LUX later this week and weekend.
I hope you find time to work out or maybe that was your work out. Enjoy and let us know which you liked best and why.

This is the third American chain to open their first Canadian location in SW Edmonton this year, along with PF Changs and California Pizza Kitchen.

Alternatively, Edmontonians can enjoy the Transit Smokehouse in the Transit Hotel or Smoke near the ICE District. Eat local.

Alternatively, Edmontonians can enjoy the Transit Smokehouse in the Transit Hotel or Smoke near the ICE District. Eat local.
It does show an interesting trend, though... And let's not forget that a lot of those chain stores are locally owned, since they're franchised.

But I agree that we should value local businesses more than we do and that is usually my preference as well.

I would rather support a restaurant owned by a Russian oligarch over the owners of Transit. Can only hope that Transit fails and the owners go bankrupt.

Langano Skies is closing in late June

Stopgap Coffee is located next door to The Hendrix

1651089788621.png

Back