7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

California Pizza Kitchen
PXL_20220304_211807311.jpg

Hit up the new and improved Continental treat last Friday. Tasteful renovations, friendly staff and tasty food. It was almost full by the time we left and so nice to see that space lit up again; we will be back.

Caesar - classic taste with entire leafs and strips of bacon.
Pork Schnitzel - thicker than usual but delicious with the mushroom sauce. I also got the dill sauce for fun and it worked quite well.
Paired it with a nice pinot noir.

Had dinner at Winston's Fish & Chips tonight. I've tried their food truck once or twice last year and was impressed enough to give their restaurant a go. The space was busy with patrons. The decor was tastefully British. The server was awesome. I ordered a 2-piece halibut fish & chips and washed it down with a Coke - their chips were well done and their halibut was good enough for Jehovah!

Brits Fish & Chips is closer to home and a bit cheaper but Winston's is definitely a worthy alternative.

Went for a post Opera snack downtown on Sat night. Tried May at the AGA, booked on Open table only to find they were closed already. Zinn was full so ended up a Smoke. Was pretty good and the staff were excellent. Only issue is it is not Wheelchair friendly. But we will go back. The ribs were quite tasty even that late at night. And I believe all the other patrons were young enough to be grand kids. Hell we may have been the only 60 year olds downtown on the street Sat.

Don't forget about Continental Treat (pre) post-music/theatre/events in the old Hardware Grill space.

Back