News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

That sucks. It was delicious, authentic and walkable.

Shame that they chose a rather average location for something that could have been a stable on 104st or Jasper.

Openings
  • MSSM (Masaki Saito Sushi Master), offering omakase experienced curated by 2-star Michelin Chef Masaki Saito, opened this weekend in Edmonton at 10111 104 Avenue, #118 (previously occupied by Cacao 70 in the Edmonton Tower). The 14-course menu cost is $98 per person.
  • Labo, Edmonton’s newest cafe, is now open at 10546 82 Avenue (which formerly housed Sorellina Coffee).
  • Speaking of Sorellina, which closed its Old Strathcona cafe back in January, they will be re-opening a tasting room and roastery this November in the Mercer Warehouse.
  • Another ramen franchise is opening in Edmonton, this time Toronto-based, called Midori Ramen.
  • Offering a “taste of India”, Sankalp Restaurant is now open at 3727 99 Street.
  • Rangoli Kitchen and Bar opened in mid-August at 1011 Keswick Drive SW.
  • BeaverTails has opened its second Edmonton location in West Edmonton Mall.

Closures
  • Tryst in St. Albert announced their closure: “It’s become too hard to maintain our focus and our standards with many many other things happening in our lives.” Their last day of service will be September 15. In 2022, Tryst was named one of Edify’s Best New Restaurants that year, and co-owner Zach Eaton said that while the magazine helped drive in some traffic, the work was in bringing them back again.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it seems Furusato has closed. I'm not shocked since they did virtually nothing to promote the place and it always looked closed from the outside, but I will greatly miss their spicy tuna temaki. The best in the city, they were.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it seems Furusato has closed. I'm not shocked since they did virtually nothing to promote the place and it always looked closed from the outside, but I will greatly miss their spicy tuna temaki. The best in the city, they were.

A legend of a place for many years, but went downhill with the new owners about a decade or so ago; we stopped going.

Still a gem.
IMG_5968.JPG

Openings

Closures

I hear the new Moxie's in S.Common is suffering through some food and service issues...anyone hear the same?

Vines Riverbed wine merchants are closing their doors in Oct. 20 years and one of the best scotch and whiskey selections in the city. Lease is up and they figure its better just to close.

Back