7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

Jacks Burger Shack is opening in the Oodle Noodle space

20211028_172459.jpg

Tried out a couple of burgers/buns from backstaris. Very tasty.

Looks like it's been a popular spot for pre-oilers game meals.
I live too close to this place...Chef Levi Bittlecomb's burger may be one of the best. Also Saitan's lettuce wraps are amazing.

For the valley line right? Weird why it wasn’t part of the original slew of demolitions….maybe an after thought? I do miss the Robin’s “Big mouth Burger,” but especially miss their free wings and nachos during happy hour in the 90’s. Went to one here in Abottsford a few months ago….not the same…was rather disappointed….

Someone on SSP was asking “why did Red Robin close down all of their AB locations?” From want I understand through a colleague that worked there was that AB was Corporate and their BC locations are still franchised. She said basically said as soon as min wage went to &15/hr in AB, they made up their mind to shut them down. Sales went through the roof when the decision was announced….but alas….they did not reverse their decision.
As far as Chili’s is concerned….same thing….Brinker made Jerry (franchise owner for AB) sell his stores back to them…..as soon as he did that…BAM! They shut them down. Chili’s at YEG and YYC are different….both are corporate and were not part of the original franchise agreement….Area Mgr for those stores also looks after their Alaska outlets.

Back