News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

I'd say 124 Street is on the upswing. It has attracted a lot of residential development the last few years. Edgar has created more than 25 retail spaces to be filled, which will take time but you already have things like KB&Co, Coffee Bureau plus everything in McLaren.

Last edited:
Its issue is weekday daytime traffic and workers in the area which are relatively low. It needs another commercial development, a hotel and about 500 new units in smaller-scale projects from 103-107ave.

124th has definitely had some wind taken out of its sails the past year or so after gaining so much momentum over the last few years. Losing all the office workers from AHS/Telus in Plaza 124 + Lloyd Sadd likely has been hurting some daytime businesses there
Did Lloyd Sadd move away? Their website still shows 10240 124 Street as the Edmonton office.

When I worked at Western Cycle the area felt far more dead. I think we're forgetting how bad 124th used to be, and how laughable the idea of it being a mini Whyte was.

124th will have much better transit access than Whyte soon. I don't think that's something to be proud of, though. 🚡 ???

When I worked at Western Cycle the area felt far more dead. I think we're forgetting how bad 124th used to be, and how laughable the idea of it being a mini Whyte was.

124th will have much better transit access than Whyte soon. I don't think that's something to be proud of, though. 🚡 ???
Definitely needs a lot more density along it to help. The western edge drops off so quickly with the valley/groat, and low density neighborhoods. Wihkwentowin helps, but it’s got lots of stuff in all directions.

Back