News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, as it is more of a community support/enrichment initiative than a general food/dining post.

I saw a food truck just North of Whyte at 91 street, (those parcels are prime for development eventually). I started to drive away.
1616043789759.png

The fellow in the food truck kept on waving at me to come over.
2021-03-17 003.JPG

I pulled up and had a chat and automatically liked these people and everything. I hand a great meal. They did not want any money for the food, they provide food at no charge. I've not experienced this before!
I had not heard of Caravua before, though I think that I had seen their food truck there but just never ventured over.
I'm going to research the whole deal a little more, but I must say that I am very impressed with these people that volunteer their time to help the community. I gave a donation and my complete admiration.

2021-03-17 001.JPG2021-03-17 006.JPG

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, as it is more of a community support/enrichment initiative than a general food/dining post.

I saw a food truck just North of Whyte at 91 street, (those parcels are prime for development eventually). I started to drive away.
View attachment 306407

View attachment 306410

I pulled up and had a chat and automatically liked these people and everything. I hand a great meal. They did not want any money for the food, they provide food at no charge. I've not experienced this before!
I had not heard of Caravua before, though I think that I had seen their food truck there but just never ventured over.
I'm going to research the whole deal a little more, but I must say that I am very impressed with these people that volunteer their time to help the community. I gave a donation and my complete admiration.

View attachment 306408View attachment 306411
This is amazing, and great on them for supporting the community like this!

View attachment 306407

View attachment 306410

View attachment 306408View attachment 306411
It's actually called CANAVUA. It's a for nonprofit mostly francophone organization here in Edmonton. They started this project I think last year or 2 years ago. They hand out free food to the community in their food truck. They were in the news recently, but I also know the director of this organization (he is the man handling out food in your picture)

River Valley Adventure Co. now offers Edmontonians a place to enjoy alcoholic beverages in the river valley.

The company, which has been offering Segway rentals for nearly a decade in Louise McKinney Park, has acquired a liquor license for its patio.

Chad Murphy, a hospitality consultant working with River Valley Adventure Co., is hopeful that more people will take advantage of what he calls, “the only riverfront patio in Edmonton offering craft Alberta beer, wine and seltzers.”

He is particularly proud of the company’s choice to source drinks locally. ”[You] will see a rotation in our craft beer, but it will always be Alberta produced craft brews only,” he told Taproot.

At present, current offerings include cans from Medicine Hat Brewing Co., Bent Stick Brewing Co., Last Best Brewing & Distilling, Blindman Brewing, and Sea Change Brewing Co. In addition to alcoholic drinks, River Valley Adventure Co. also brews Sherwood Park-based Roasti Coffee.

Food-wise, they have partnered with The Greenhouse to serve prepared meat and vegetarian sandwiches. The Greenhouse, led by owner Paul Shufelt, operates restaurants at three city-owned golf courses.

Taproot

Back