News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

I remember Mo’s, the crowd there was a little past my age group….I’m 50, the primary group that called it home would be mid to late 50’s now for sure. It was huge in the early/mid 90’s

Finally had dinner at Shoyu Sushi (next door to District cafe) and I enjoyed it! The sushi was fresh and delicious, the hot sake hit the spot on a cold day, and my server is awesome. I will return.

Heard that the first “Firehouse Subs” in AB is coming to YEG very soon AND apparently a U.S. Burger chain with a “name” in its title is also coming to YEG first and soon as well. Not sure if we need another burger chain, especially if it’s not In/Out Burger

Yet another ice cream parlour on 110street north of 105 avenue
IMG_2167.jpeg

Hearing that Square 1 is adding 2 more locations. One in Sherwood park and another in a new building close to the university/butterdome. (Windsor terrace?).

Had dinner at Frida Urban Taqueria on Stony Plain Road just west of 124 St. It was busy, considering that the bridge over Groat Road is closed for a couple of years and the LRT construction should be underway soon. Enjoyed a paloma and a couple of carne asada tacos. I will be back.

Heard Frida has good Tacos. I will have to stop by one day.

Also Tony Romas is expanding. A new location on 170st a few blocks north of WEM. I think its the site at the super store CRU.

Heard Frida has good Tacos. I will have to stop by one day.

Also Tony Romas is expanding. A new location on 170st a few blocks north of WEM. I think its the site at the super store CRU.
Tony's is expanding after closing down most of their locations in Edmonton?? Calgary Trail and the one of 137 Ave and St Albert Trail are two that come to mind.

Glad to see they are now expanding.

Kinjo is opening in South Edmonton common at the former Moxies. They are one of my go to options in calgary, so I am excited to see how they do here.
Screenshot_20230524-191346_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back