7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

Love this:

Outdoor Patio Program Now a Four-Year Term
We have refreshed the program for 2023 and your business can now apply for a patio on a City sidewalk or curbside space! Exciting updates include an extended four year Licence of Occupation and the option for either a seasonal (April to October) or year-round (365 days) patio! Once again, the City will continue to waive fees for all patio permits. Please read our new Patio Program Guide and information on edmonton.ca/Patios.

I wonder how much longer Peters' Drive-In will last. People will lineup for several blocks in Calgary, but here it's just crickets.
Had a burger and a shake for dinner, was quite passable.

I wonder how much longer Peters' Drive-In will last. People will lineup for several blocks in Calgary, but here it's just crickets.
Had a burger and a shake for dinner, was quite passable.
Shakes are good….but the burgers suck. That place is part of YYC’ers urban fabric. Load up the SUV, grab a bag of Pete’s and go and pretend to be important DINKs in Canmore and Banff….that’s their lifestyle….not ours. I’m ok not to partake in a YYC overrated burger shack

A Bite of Brazil is permanently closing on March 29

That's too bad as it was something a bit unique, tasty, great coffee and used a small space that may be hard to fill.

I stopped by Bite of Brazil to participate in Downtown Dining Week during the March 18 weekend and I had no idea they were closing.

Speaking of Downtown Dining Week, I had dinner at Dorinku Osaka on Sunday night. Their food and hot sake was good but I enjoyed the vibe and the packed house even more. If you want proof that downtown is coming back, this is it!

Back