News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

For What it's Worth

From the National Post...
8.5 million: The number of trees the Liberal government has planted so far in pursuit of its 2019 pledge to plant two billion trees within 10 years. Only 1.99 billion to go! Don't fret, says Natural Resources Minister Jonathan Wilkinson, they're just getting warmed up. His new plan is to plant 60 million seedlings in 2022 and increase that annual rate to about 320 million by 2027.

Reactions: God
A little humor from the National Post...
Gary likes to ski, which wouldn't be unusual if Gary were human. He is not. “If I don’t take him out enough, he sits at the door and screams at me,” says James Eastham of his seven-year-old rescue cat, who has become famous on Instagram. The Calgary Herald has Gary's story.

From the Financial Post...
Energy supermajors are finding it difficult to recruit the talent they need to pivot to a greener future as new graduates are reluctant to work for oil and gas companies. To win staff, firms are offering not only higher salaries, but assurances that employees will be making a difference in helping forge the energy transition.
and...
A recent Amazon.com Inc. warehouse collapse that killed at least six people has amplified concerns among its blue collar workforce about the return of the company's mobile phone ban in work areas. Workers say they want access to their phones in case of extreme weather alerts. "I don’t trust them with my safety to be quite frank,” one employee said.

From the National Post...
We have arrived, dear Canadians, at what should be one of the happiest days of the year: the winter solstice. The days only get longer from here! OK, that's not exactly true. The percentage of daily daylight gets longer from here (until June 21, when it starts shrinking again) but the actual days will remain 24 hours long. Hang on, that's not entirely true either. The Earth's rotation is not constant, meaning some days are a titch longer than 24 hours and some are a fraction shorter. Today, for example, is predicted to be 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59.9995751 seconds. We're just trying to be precise here. Anyway, the point before all the nerd talk was to wish everyone a happy solstice.

Back