What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I think that the ECC people are collectively saying "my head hurts... do we go left or do we go right". They are looking for signs (
) to see which way is UP -- they are looking for a little religion. I think Edmonton's mojo is about to get reborn and then watch all H E double hockey sticks break loose -- it is on the verge.

Reference Id:Job No 498277812-002
Description:To operate Food and Drink Services, Indoor Sales and Service, Office, and multi-unit Housing Residential, construct an addition, and exterior and interior alterations (Williams Hall):
Location:Addition to 2nd floor - (pedway connection to parkade);
Addition to 8th/roof floor - Indoor amenity area;
Lower Level 2 - Food and Drink Services and Bars;
Lower Level 1 - 5 Food and Drink Services and Bars;
Main floor - Office, Food and Drink Services, Indoor Sales and Service;
2nd floor - 6 multi-unit housing dwellings and common residential amenity area;
3rd - 7th floor - 84 multi-unit housing dwellings;
8th/roof floor - Indoor and Outdoor Residential Amenity Area;
10030 - 102A AVENUE NW
Plan F Lots 77-78
Applicant:BELJAN DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
Create Date:2024/01/18
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
Issue Date:2024/05/02
Class Of Permit:Discretionary Development
Notification Start Date:2024/05/09
Notification End Date:2024/05/30

There are a number of variances, including the size of the bar is 295m2 instead of 240 allowed.

Let's just get this done already ffs! The project is in good hands with Beljan.

Yup, especially since they said NO to Williams Hall's request to add a pedway connection to their building.
Sandman (parent Northland Properties) owns Chop (among many other chains), so they have a strong incentive impede guest access to competing restaurants. The food hall at Williams Hall would be direct competition and the connection would really offer little value in return. It is petty though, considering guests will still have access to the pedway system and - by all accounts Williams Hall - via MNP tower.

Sandman (parent Northland Properties) owns Chop (among many other chains), so they have a strong incentive impede guest access to competing restaurants. The food hall at Williams Hall would be direct competition and the connection would really offer little value in return. It is petty though, considering guests will still have access to the pedway system and - by all accounts Williams Hall - via MNP tower.
That makes a lot of sense

Back