The Augustana | 96m | 30s | Pangman | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Not much visibility, but a MINISO would be preeetty sweet.

@IanO It doesn't have to be like that, though. Encouraging more mixed-use development like this will hopefully continue to revitalize the government district as a whole,

Would love to see a quality independent men's or women's clothing store there, I think the downtown area is ripe for retail like this (all I can think of for men's stores is the Helm on 104th, nothing else comes to mind). More residential is being built, it's pedestrian-accessible, there are not many options in that area (especially with some of the high end stores fleeing to WEM), it's in a relatively less sketchy part of the core, and people want to support local.

Would love to see a quality independent men's or women's clothing store there, I think the downtown area is ripe for retail like this (all I can think of for men's stores is the Helm on 104th, nothing else comes to mind). More residential is being built, it's pedestrian-accessible, there are not many options in that area (especially with some of the high end stores fleeing to WEM), it's in a relatively less sketchy part of the core, and people want to support local.
There is a giant Henry Singer in Manulife Place - more selection than the Helm.

@IanO It doesn't have to be like that, though. Encouraging more mixed-use development like this will hopefully continue to revitalize the government district as a whole,

Agreed, but we need to double the population and encourage more people to actively choose Downtown to make the numbers work for landlords and potential retail tenants. Retail follows money/people, it rarely leads.

This afternoon
2020-11-03 024.JPG

Back