The Augustana | 96m | 30s | Pangman | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
2020-09-20 141.JPG
2020-09-20 150.JPG

does anybody else find this one incredibly generic? like it’s better than peregrine pointe or other terribly 00s stucco condos insofar as it doesn’t harshly offend, but it definitely doesn’t add anything interesting to the skyline beyond some height / bulk and it is very bland.

Last edited:
Some quick shots from today. I never realized it before, but the podium's set back quite a bit from the City's sidewalk on the southside and really helps it not feel too overbearing. The whole thing's shaping up nicely, but like some others I can't say I love the cladding colour. I don't know, given that the rest of the area features so much precast, I think something different would've helped it stand out more. I do like the dark grey brick at street level though.

20201008_182543.jpg20201008_152928.jpg20201008_153105.jpg

Some quick shots from today. I never realized it before, but the podium's set back quite a bit from the City's sidewalk on the southside and really helps it not feel too overbearing. The whole thing's shaping up nicely, but like some others I can't say I love the cladding colour. I don't know, given that the rest of the area features so much precast, I think something different would've helped it stand out more. I do like the dark grey brick at street level though.

View attachment 275194View attachment 275195View attachment 275196

If they had mixed in some beige with the white chunks, and some white with the beige chunks, then I think the cladding would've been more tolerable. If they had used a different color altogether to mix in with the white & beige, then I think it could've turned out to be pretty alright

Last edited:

Back