Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Wow looking at the possible renderings again, think about how much a fully developed Station Lands right beside Ice District phase 2, Northern edge of downtown is going to feel completely different in the best way possible
View attachment 418324View attachment 418325
As crazy as it feels to imagine this all being built any time soon, it’s only like 10k units, right?

We’re growing by a few hundred thousand over the next decade, we just need to get more moving downtown or at least spending a handful of years living there in different seasons of life.

283A1824-1368-4927-AB4D-08D94D00E219.jpeg
C8DBDBC6-838C-4578-9280-183639A7A5AE.jpeg
377C1C8E-9552-460B-8CC3-7A0C5BC676C7.jpeg
546201D6-3A3C-4854-94BA-D36C1A6CC913.jpeg

Wouldn't it be great if we didn't need homeless shelters smack dab in the middle of the city.
Well if they weren't concentrated in the same 2-3 block radius to begin with, that would've been better. But that is something previous Councils actually encouraged and something the current Council is now dealing with.

Don't worry they'll commission a report to figure out why all their previous report commissioning hasn't resulted in any actual results.
We also spent 60 million (2006-11l dollars for a world competition "architectural drawing battle".; now I see row housings. We could have filled up the former airport land with that 60 million already. Voila! Low income solved....but, HERE WE ARE.

I haven't seen any evidence of the current Council actually dealing with anything. All they seem to be able to do is reject projects that might make the city a better place while neglecting clean streets, litter pickup, transit, etc.
Maybe the training wheels haven't yet come off, but I fear they may be falling into the trap of doing just what the administration wants without much or original thought, like the previous council did.

It is unfortunate when the democratic process gets subverted like this.

Maybe the training wheels haven't yet come off, but I fear they may be falling into the trap of doing just what the administration wants without much or original thought, like the previous council did.

It is unfortunate when the democratic process gets subverted like this.
Well it could be said that Administration wanted the gondola to go ahead but it was actually Council that had the dissenting opinion, so you can't say they agree with everything Admin puts forward.

Back