Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Exciting!!

2021, from everything I hear from folks in the construction industry, seems like it's going to be pretty darn busy unless God decides its a good year to start the rapture.

^ could another version of the Galleria project materialize as a result of this new proposed project? There was going to be a significant investment from private donors as well. Did they find another Edmonton project to support? It was really disappointing the Galleria project didn't work out - I agree it would have been such a significant development for downtown and a catalyst for more.

^
it’s my understanding there was a minimum of $100 million in private sector philanthropic support conditional on appropriate public support from all three levels of government most of which would have been repaid from project cash flows. it’s also my understanding that most if not all of those funds have been allocated elsewhere and not all in edmonton but I’m at arms length from any real inside information.

^^

Edmonton Galleria – Building an Arts Legacy

kBdaSbBE-jyt9cZp-Z4DH81TQjZYqvkfAbWdT8QqLYq3G7lOvOLUFKopOrDvxUsU6atbMWazbfeTH8dg5OiTkbOZ4axDiCtZz1ZkVAfVFeh0ZPgDSHo0XbYbKXfQ6SdYAi60vUDfRF919gRXnFz10q4bP05HfT7hQiKkCU5V8tXFQmZ9Yt6JY94rpUoJ0WBvKKTqOnTcA_FF

Is the Opera project dead, on life support or quietly moving forward at a snails pace?

Basically.

That said, it relied on a significant number of critical pieces to all come together at the same time and they simply did not.

The UofA SOB being one of them and a very large office anchor tenant (rhymes with fantec) for tower two. Without these, the financial model simply did not make sense from my understanding.

Doesn't seem that strange to me, anyone looking for info on what happened with it can access their site. Hosting costs are pretty minimal nowadays

As an aside...is Ledcor the GC again? 👀

I mean, Warner Bros still has their original Space Jam promotional website, untouched since 1996: https://www.spacejam.com/

Sorry, I'm a real thread derailer. Back to you, Stationlands.

Anyone know what this is about? Related?

Item 6.19 (UPE00548) Station Lands Memorandum of Understanding
Report to be distributed when available
MOU between COE and Qualico for the City to fund an underground pedway connection from Churchill LRT Station and Stationlands/RAM under 103A Avenue and also fund public realm improvements within Stationlands as well.

Back