Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Excellent -- an even better photog showing that the build-out of the 25-storey tower is going beyond the podium levels and is on the way up to new heights.

Mind helping me out here? There's a 25-story, a height increase, another tower - I can't exactly follow. Are there two buildings we're discussing? Is the one under construction getting a height increase?

Thanks for helping/clarifying!

Mind helping me out here? There's a 25-story, a height increase, another tower - I can't exactly follow. Are there two buildings we're discussing? Is the one under construction getting a height increase?

Thanks for helping/clarifying!
The first phase of this project has two towers: a 17 and a 25 stories towers.
Originally, we thought that just the east tower (the 17 stories one) was being built, with the taller one being built later. Apparently the 25 stories tower is under construction already.

Someone said that they heard from a source that the 25 stories tower would be getting a height increase to 36 stories, but that is still to be verified, and there are questions regarding the feasibility of this increase, given possible engineering limitations.

The first phase of this project has two towers: a 17 and a 25 stories towers.
Originally, we thought that just the east tower (the 17 stories one) was being built, with the taller one being built later. Apparently the 25 stories tower is under construction already.

Someone said that they heard from a source that the 25 stories tower would be getting a height increase to 36 stories, but that is still to be verified, and there are questions regarding the feasibility of this increase, given possible engineering limitations.
You're the best. Thank you

The taller tower is definitely underway, I think we can stop questioning that, now.
DOn't think there will be a height increase, even though I'd definitely love that.
Not sure about that, as I haven't seen any permits specifically for the tower portion, only the midrise. Plus, the approved strucutral drawings only show the midrise:

dsadsaaa.png

@Avenuer that is where the discrepancy lies. Your structural scheme has already been exceeded by the actual onsite construction. The four levels above grade are already visible in the photo but the structural steel (rebar) on the perimeter of the 25-storey tower already goes up and additional floor and the core steel goes up an additional three levels. It is that "overshot" that makes me think they are not going to stop the high-rise tower construction. Maybe permits for 25-storey portion is "in the works" and not yet finalized.

I hope they're planning some sort of pedestrian link in the middle across to the RAM/CN Tower, otherwise that's going to be quite the impenetrable wall of towers.

Excellent -- an even better photog showing that the build-out of the 25-storey tower is going beyond the podium levels and is on the way up to new heights.
If there is no permit for the tower, there is no construction. Naturally, the columns and elevator core would supercede above the fourth floor elevation as that is to accomodate future form works to continue the tower when they're ready with a permit.
Let's hope I'm wrong because I want a bigger erection than 4 floors. The impact will be quite considerable with the tower.

Back