Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This is the first I'm hearing of this trophy tower! Care to elaborate? I thought the CWB would only be looking at a small tower and not by Grand Villa.
A few years back Katz (or maybe someone at OEG) stated that this lot will be home to a "trophy" tower. So everyone interpreted it as Katz and Co. wanting this site to be home to something really special and potentially a "legacy" type project. Now what that is and what it may look like is anyones guess and it's very likely only a handful of folks (meaning those close to Katz) really have any idea with what might go there someday.
That 'trophy' is being reserved for the right time and market... ie. very long-term and had a few different 'conceptual' renderings and massing.
Not surprising at all. It's very likely likely Ice District 2.0 gets done and completed before they shift focus to that site. Best case I would guess would be at least 15 years, unless plans and ideas shift between then and now. I am surprised however that there were already some renderings and massing's floating around though. Despite this project being very-long term, they still must revisit it once in awhile to have an idea with what they might want to go with here.

Would be kinda cool to have something like "The One" project U/C in Toronto right now go there or something, but who knows.

^^
Sorta kinda,
The trophy tower is the ghosted tall one on the right. Baccarat site, where the fan park is now.
1687984770097.png

"One day son, we'll build a tower, a trophy tower, bwa haha" 😂
Thread 'Edmonton | ICE District Phase 2 | 149.95m | ?s | ICE District Prop.' https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/...ct-phase-2-149-95m-s-ice-district-prop.27512/

Last edited:
^^
Sorta kinda,
The trophy tower is the ghosted tall one on the right. Baccarat site, where the fan park is now.
View attachment 488533
"One day son, we'll build a tower, a trophy tower, bwa haha" 😂
Thread 'Edmonton | ICE District Phase 2 | 149.95m | ?s | ICE District Prop.' https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/...ct-phase-2-149-95m-s-ice-district-prop.27512/
And isn't this render out of date too as they recently said the residential to be built in Phase 2 is to be shorter buildings? Or am I confusing it with another part of the project?

Truth be told, if Katz Group wants to wait 30 years before building another shiny glass 250 meter skyscraper on the Old Baccarat site, as long as they keep some active programming in the fan park, I’ll be willing to wait.
Bet the next big Katz group tower goes up or the planning ramps up the moment alldritt towers shovels are in the ground

Bet the next big Katz group tower goes up or the planning ramps up the moment alldritt towers shovels are in the ground
That's a mean way to say "never" lol

Back