Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Most of the rest of the hoarding around the tower to the south was taken down on the weekend. I think only a very tiny bit remains, if anything.
Much better!
95D9985A-8FA5-4AB2-919F-FD703CA1A865.jpeg
7B6EFD7A-5237-4929-8825-0276822B29A3.jpeg

I just went by the food court area today (the one with seating, but no food places) and saw around 35 people seated having lunch.

I realize some people are going by numbers that are six months, a year old or even more, but it is definetly getting busier again. Hopefully there will be something here soon.

I just went by the food court area today (the one with seating, but no food places) and saw around 35 people seated having lunch.

I realize some people are going by numbers that are six months, a year old or even more, but it is definetly getting busier again. Hopefully there will be something here soon.

I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Some of the tenants signed their leases 4 years ago and are still waiting to be turned over the space...and as you can imagine, quite frustrated about it.

I can only assume the new owners have a different vision than the original "high-end food court" that ONE was putting together, and everyone is left in limbo until they clear the deck.

I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Some of the tenants signed their leases 4 years ago and are still waiting to be turned over the space...and as you can imagine, quite frustrated about it.

I can only assume the new owners have a different vision than the original "high-end food court" that ONE was putting together, and everyone is left in limbo until they clear the deck.
I realize COVID has messed things up greatly, but if I signed that lease 4 years ago and the space is not ready yet, I (or more likely my lawyer) would tell them get it done now or I am out.

Unfortunately it is a little more complex than that.

Also, not sure if you have seen through the entire process of a legal claim...but there is typically a loser, a bigger loser, and some well paid lawyers. So not the most appealing option, no matter how "right" you are.

Also, not sure if you have seen through the entire process of a legal claim...but there is typically a loser, a bigger loser, and some well paid lawyers. So not the most appealing option, no matter how "right" you are.
Legal things are generally not simple, but it doesn't seem fair that these companies would be stuck in a holding pattern because the landlord can't figure out what to do with the space.

It might be time for some of them to go public to the media and shame the landlord into action. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for big companies to act badly because they can these days, but I am sure not a fan of it.

These types of disputes are usually complex. On one hand the tenant could claim that the Landlord failed to perform to turn over the space in a timely manner as per the lease (that is, if there is such a provision in said lease). Regardless in situations like this, there are many angles both sides can take. Eventually it'll clear itself up, until then....

Great photos. Stantec from the west looks OK but from the east view, the building looks unfinished. That black/grey vertical bar running down the upper portion (elevator shaft covering?) looks odd and ugly. It'd be nice if they'd cover it with the same blue glass panels as the rest of the bui.ding. Do something with it.

Great photos. Stantec from the west looks OK but from the east view, the building looks unfinished. That black/grey vertical bar running down the upper portion (elevator shaft covering?) looks odd and ugly. It'd be nice if they'd cover it with the same blue glass panels as the rest of the bui.ding. Do something with it.
That's the shaft. But I agree. Colorful panels akin to what you see in yaletown would have been a modest price increase turning a bland element into a standout one.

Back