South Edmonton Hospital & Health Campus | ?m | ?s | Province of Alberta

I honestly cannot believe how powerful the "vote blue no matter what" group is. They are trying to push through so many unpopular policies, and failing to address any of the actual problems affecting Albertans right now.

UCP Priorities:
- Making life more difficult for Trans people
- Blatantly overreaching into the economy to stop renewable development, knee capping economic diversification and job creation
- Decimating public health care
- Blatantly overreaching into municipal boundaries
- Intentionally trying to kill all development and progress in the provincial capital because they didn't vote for them

Things the UCP has no interest in addressing:
- Affordability
- Housing
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Homelessness
aka: literally every policy issue anybody cares about right now

If they win the next election, I will move, straight up. They're driving this province into the ground head first and bringing everyone with them.
Thankfully as the Province grows through interprovincial and international migration I would say the proportion of of 'true blue' Conservatives here will decrease relative to the centrists and left wing folks (especially with many moving here from B.C. and Ontario). The vote was quite close relative to other elections so I think the tide will shift by the time 2027 (god that sounds far away) rolls around.

This is all political talk as it relates to the construction of this building, seems fitting to remain here IMO, otherwise we'll be just talking about nothing in this thread, because apparently nothing is going to be built, anyway.

Sooo...

Let's cancel the construction of new hospitals, refuse to participate in a national pharmacare program, dismantle AHS, create 4 independent health agencies who won't talk to each other but will be easier for politicians to control, all while continuing to underfund and ignore those things that we all know will have positive outcomes. Prep work for private American style healthcare.

It's almost as if the UCP has hired some Machiavellian actuarial who has somehow determined that in the long run it's cheaper to let people suffer and die than it is to keep them healthy and productive. They then paint it all as simply responding to a spending problem. We don't have a spending problem, we have an income problem caused and exacerbated by being the only province and one of the few jurisdictions in the world without a sales tax. This is a screen play - written and choreographed to convince Albertans that public healthcare is a disaster and only private for-profit healthcare can fix the mess UCP created. This is all been a multiyear UCP scam.
My thoughts Ken in red above.

Lyin' Dani:

dani.png

Our representatives (elected in a free and fair election) should be able to criticize the other orders of government and advocate on behalf of their constituents and not fear what happens if they’re not towing the provincial party line, otherwise what’s the point?

I want my mayor and councillor to rail on the province for this position to not build the hospital, because advocating for the city is what I went out and elected them to do.

Our representatives (elected in a free and fair election) should be able to criticize the other orders of government and advocate on behalf of their constituents and not fear what happens if they’re not towing the provincial party line, otherwise what’s the point?

I want my mayor and councillor to rail on the province for this position to not build the hospital, because advocating for the city is what I went out and elected them to do.
You know, at this point, what do they have to lose? They already can't stand each other as seen by some recent events (homeless issues, Trudeau's housing annoucement).

Grab a backbone and speak up for the city already!

Back