South Edmonton Hospital & Health Campus | ?m | ?s | Province of Alberta

That is too bad as CBS should be centrally located and remain where it is..
Looking at it strictly from a CBS perspective a move may be good for them. I would be bet there are alot of people may be interested in donating blood who are unwilling to drive to that location and would never consider transit. Regardless of if that is best from an urbanist perspective it would be a barrier CBS faces in attracting donors. A large location near an LRT but with free parking/near a freeway may be a good move for them, like near Davies Station for example.

... or here's an idea, near another major hospital. So, if the South Edmonton Hospital were ever built, it might be a good idea for it to be located there or nearby.

However, its hard to say when that will happen at this point, so maybe it should just have stayed where it was at until then.

Looking at it strictly from a CBS perspective a move may be good for them. I would be bet there are alot of people may be interested in donating blood who are unwilling to drive to that location and would never consider transit. Regardless of if that is best from an urbanist perspective it would be a barrier CBS faces in attracting donors. A large location near an LRT but with free parking/near a freeway may be a good move for them, like near Davies Station for example.
During my early adulthood years (beginning of my 20s), I worked for them as a clinical assistant . At that time there were mobile collections for different locations; for example, Millwoods town centre or downtown. They even went out of town to places such as Ft.Mac, or Bonnyville/Coldlake etc. I suspect that is still occuring, so they don't need to drive. The central idea is that it makes for equal-ish driving distances for blood distribution as hospitals requiring blood was my thought.

Yup....there you have it folks......f*&king UCP!!!!

"In the pre-budget announcement Tuesday, which committed $20 million over three years to the project, the government said the new standalone Stollery Children's Hospital will offer more beds, larger clinical spaces, more private rooms and dedicated areas for children and their families."

What does this even mean? It doesn't mean they're spending $20M worth on construction. It probably means that it won't even start for another 3 years + 5 construction = 8 years before we get a new hospital?

What about the $600M they budgeted last year for the SW? Where did that money go? Oh I forgot - went to the fLamers new arena.....

Yup....there you have it folks......f*&king UCP!!!!

"In the pre-budget announcement Tuesday, which committed $20 million over three years to the project, the government said the new standalone Stollery Children's Hospital will offer more beds, larger clinical spaces, more private rooms and dedicated areas for children and their families."

What does this even mean? It doesn't mean they're spending $20M worth on construction. It probably means that it won't even start for another 3 years + 5 construction = 8 years before we get a new hospital?

What about the $600M they budgeted last year for the SW? Where did that money go? Oh I forgot - went to the fLamers new arena.....
These sort of "announcements" are exactly why people are so cynical about politics and politicians.

Even though does not say so, this is probably for planning so nothing towards construction, which may not happen ever or for years until after the current government is gone and they try make it sound like something amazing.

The government has been "planning" the South Edmonton hospital for years, with nothing to show for it. Many of us may be dead before it happens and perhaps prematurely due to lack of adequate hospital space in a city that has doubled in size but added no new hospitals in over 30 years.

4.7% population growth for Edmonton YOY, and this government still refuses to move forward on a new hospital here. 🤡

Sooo...

Let's cancel the construction of new hospitals, refuse to participate in a national pharmacare program, dismantle AHS, create 4 independent health agencies who won't talk to each other but will be easier for politicians to control, all while continuing to underfund and ignore those things that we all know will have positive outcomes.

It's almost as if the UCP has hired some Machiavellian actuarial who has somehow determined that in the long run it's cheaper to let people suffer and die than it is to keep them healthy and productive. They then paint it all as simply responding to a spending problem. We don't have a spending problem, we have an income problem caused and exacerbated by being the only province and one of the few jurisdictions in the world without a sales tax.

4.7% population growth for Edmonton YOY, and this government still refuses to move forward on a new hospital here. 🤡
Seriously. We’re one of the fastest growing major cities in Canada, possibly North America, and we’re deliberately holding off building more hospitals to keep up with growth? It’s a complete farce that’s going to lead to people lying on beds in hallways and crowding ERs. It’s city building 101 stuff guys…

Back