News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Real Estate Market

The prices in London are crazy. I kind of get Hamilton as part of the GTA still but London? I’d rather move to a dozen other cities personally before paying 700k for an old fixer upper there.
London is being swallowed up by Toronto’s sphere of influence. It’s becoming more and more of a bedroom community for people looking for cheaper housing. I imagine WFH has really helped that. Just taking the 2 hour train into Toronto a couple of days a week.

London was always a bedroom community for old money, Western kids (old and new money) and those wanting to be near Toronto, but not in it (and most definitely not near Hamilton).

Scott Figler
• 1st
Research Director at JLL
5m

Companies continue to right-size their office footprint, adjusting to a new reality of hybrid work. In 2021 many companies ramped up hiring and took on too much space; now many are having to reverse course as the economy slows. This is leading to a surge in sublease availability across major Canadian markets that has almost doubled from pre-pandemic levels. On the flip side, it is creating great opportunities for companies who are looking to grow, and particularly looking for furnished space so that they don't have to spend money on a build out.

You nailed it @TAS... the 'O does seem to have "nothing in Edmonton is good" attitude -- I believe that there is a reason for that... hmmmm.

You nailed it @TAS... the 'O does seem to have "nothing in Edmonton is good" attitude -- I believe that there is a reason for that... hmmmm.

Edmonton punches above its weight skyline-wise, but its narrow and dated; that's universally recognized.

But Edmonton be Edmonton.

Maybe I should have clarified with 'not deep' versus the presumptive 'narrow' N/S.

It's without girth, density, glass.

Don't get me wrong, I like the lining of the top of bank, but wish the CBD had far more density for looks rather dense, but is misleading.

Back