Raymond Block | ?m | 6s | Wexford Developments | DIALOG

What do you think of the design of Raymond Block?

• I like it a lot

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I like it

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Aug. 17

P8170021.jpg

P8170022.jpg

Attachments

• P8170021.jpg
    P8170021.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 675
  • P8170022.jpg
    P8170022.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 633
PERMIT_DATE October 11, 2017
PERMIT_NUMBER 178340999-007
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10479 - 82 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD QUEEN ALEXANDRA
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct 6-storeys mixed use Commercial / Residential Use building.(Raymond Block )
BUILDING_TYPE Office Complex (522)
WORK_TYPE (01) New
FLOOR_AREA 161,536.48
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 24,257,899
ZONING DC1, DC1, DC1, DC1
UNITS_ADDED 95

I've taken so many updates of this one, but keep forgetting to upload them. Haha. Good thing Dave is more diligent.

Application being made for a restaurant tenant, just not sure who or what kind.

Reference ID: Job No 267299287-001
Description: To operate a Restaurant in a mixed-use building (150 seats and 321 sq m Public Space)
Plan I Blk 62 Lots 21-27
Applicant: CHRISTIAN SMITH DESIGN BUILD LTD
Create Date: 11/16/2017 2:34:22 PM
Neighbourhood: QUEEN ALEXANDRA

I'm interested to see what type of tenants move in. Big business or local? I suspect the former due to location and the way the bays are built. Almost made for higher end retailers. Perhaps, that is only because there isn't anything else on Whyte that fronts like this will. Haha.

https://renx.ca/calgary-builder-returns-roots-edmontons-raymond-block/

Calgary builder returns to roots at Edmonton’s Raymond Block

From his office in Calgary, Kendal Harazny can watch a live time-lapse web feed of construction on his firm’s six-floor signature development on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton.

The Raymond Block, named after a hotel that stood on the site years ago in the historic Strathcona neighbourhood, has a special place in the heart of the Wexford Developments co-founder.

A decade ago, Harazny lived two blocks from the vacant lot where the Raymond Block is rising. The University of Alberta business student wrote a paper on how to develop the site for his entrepreneurship class. So when the property came available in 2014, the same year Harazny and his partner Sam Gordon founded Wexford Developments, the opportunity was too great to resist.

“When this came up for sale, I spoke to my investors. I was pounding my fist on the table for this one. You just can’t replace this type of real estate. It’s a very special location on a street that’s going to be drastically improved in the next 10 years,” says Harazny.

The 132,000-square-foot, $50-million multi-use project features ground-floor retail, already 80 per cent pre-leased, a second floor of office space, about 50 per cent leased, and 94 apartments on the four top floors.

“We are currently in the process of purchasing a site in the arena district (of Edmonton) for a high-rise residential tower and we recently purchased a small retail building on Whyte Avenue.

Back