Peak Tower | 99.06m | 23s | Lighthouse HM | Davignon Martin

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C.2. Enbridge Tower (Development Permit)
Maria Spengler - Davignon Martin
MOVED: R. Labonte

Motion to table

SECONDED: M. Figueira

As determined by the Edmonton Design Committee at the meeting on March 12, 2019,
the project has been tabled as a number of items were deficient or require further
resolution. The Committee generally supports the adaptive reuse of this iconic building;
however, the package and presentation did not clearly communicate the current iteration
of the design to a level of refinement expected of a formal development permit
submission.
● The tower top is unresolved relative to glazing, materiality, design detail, signage and
lighting.
● Please confirm how the auxillary loading space on 102 Street is to function.
● No information has been provided on the screening of the mechanical units on the
podium roof
● More information on lighting, particularly at street level, is required; eg. location,
type, colour, mounting / integration with facade.
● The submission lacked a physical material sample board. As a result, the Committee
was not able to understand the material quality of proposed finishes. Furthermore,
the submission package did not include annotated, colour renderings - it was therefore
difficult for the Committee to adequately evaluate the proposed design in this regard.
● No information was provided on the south (lane) elevation. All elevations (including
tower and tower top) should be illustrated and annotated in the manner included in the
presentation.
● It is the understanding of the Committee that the streetscape will be addressed
through a separate permit process; the Committee therefore requires confirmation that
this submission will also be reviewed by EDC.
Furthermore, the Committee notes that this project could have benefitted from an
Informal Pre-Consultation, and encourages the Applicant to take advantage of this
opportunity for future projects.

CARRIED

FOR THE MOTION: R. Labonte, W. Sims, T. Antoniuk, S. Kaznacheeva, A. Zepp, D.
Brown, J. Mills, M. Figueira, D. Deshpande

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_govern...ontonDesignCommittee_Minutes_March12_2019.pdf

I've been reading the forums for about a year now and thought it might be time to share a photo! As you can see I'll have a great view to see the transformation of this tower take shape!

In more ways than one is there concept confusing. Strike it up (perhaps) to unfamiliarity with the daunting processes to get a concept through the City bureaucracy and to the fact that these seem to be novice developers.

I presume interior work is occurring with this, because nothing has happened outside or at the lobby level lately.

Back