News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

The Edmonton Oilers made a handful of additions when free agency opened on July 1.
They signed Connor Brown, Connor McDavid’s captain from his days in the OHL, to a one-year, performance bonus-laden contract to round out the team’s top-six forward group. They also signed forwards Drake Caggiula and Lane Pederson along with defenders Noel Hoefenmayer and Ben Gleason to add to the team’s depth.

The roster shown below carries a cap hit of $77,117,500, which leaves the Oilers with $6,382,500 in cap space to fill the rest of the spots…

Edmonton Oilers are the most improved team in Pacific Division this off-season, says analytics expert. Hmm​

Author of the article:
David Staples • Edmonton Journal

mcdavid re siging long term just went up to a 90 percent, they win a cup this year and id say its a sure thing
I wish I was as optimistic. First, we have at best two seasons of Draisatl before he's gone. (I somehow see him ending up in a Rangers jersey.) The Oilers won't be able to afford him after that--and he may decide he doesn't want to re-sign here anyway if there's no prospect of a Cup win. There will be a major bidding war for his services among Stanley Cup contenders in U.S. cities. McDavid is under contract a little longer but again I don't envision him staying either if the Oilers continue to fail to get things done in the playoffs. He and his smoking hot fiancee are both from Ontario and #97 may decide his chances of a Cup win are better in the eastern conference anyway.

Both guys have done tremendous things for the club and in terms of individual performance. You couldn't ask for any more from either of them. They will be able to write their ticket anywhere in the league and any club will bend over backwards to get them.

I'd love to see a Stanley Cup parade in town in the next two years. But this club seems to find a way to blow its chances and let down its stars. I still say this should have been our season--with Seattle knocking out the defending champs and Florida eliminating the record breaking Bruins, 2022-23 should have been the year for the Oilers to get it done.

I wish I was as optimistic. First, we have at best two seasons of Draisatl before he's gone. (I somehow see him ending up in a Rangers jersey.) The Oilers won't be able to afford him after that--and he may decide he doesn't want to re-sign here anyway if there's no prospect of a Cup win. There will be a major bidding war for his services among Stanley Cup contenders in U.S. cities. McDavid is under contract a little longer but again I don't envision him staying either if the Oilers continue to fail to get things done in the playoffs. He and his smoking hot fiancee are both from Ontario and #97 may decide his chances of a Cup win are better in the eastern conference anyway.

Both guys have done tremendous things for the club and in terms of individual performance. You couldn't ask for any more from either of them. They will be able to write their ticket anywhere in the league and any club will bend over backwards to get them.

I'd love to see a Stanley Cup parade in town in the next two years. But this club seems to find a way to blow its chances and let down its stars. I still say this should have been our season--with Seattle knocking out the defending champs and Florida eliminating the record breaking Bruins, 2022-23 should have been the year for the Oilers to get it done
I highly doubt they leave just from what I have heard from guys in the oiler organization and what insiders have been saying on stauffers show the chance they leave are pretty slim now if the team fails to compete the next few years sure but they're the favourites going into 23-24 and return most of the same team 24-25. plus mcdavids fiancee set up her companies HQ in edmonton.

I highly doubt they leave just from what I have heard from guys in the oiler organization and what insiders have been saying on stauffers show the chance they leave are pretty slim now if the team fails to compete the next few years sure but they're the favourites going into 23-24 and return most of the same team 24-25. plus mcdavids fiancee set up her companies HQ in edmonton.
I can see McDavid staying but not Drai. I think he's more likely to leave.

Back