News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl of the Edmonton Oilers told the media the team will have a “cup or bust” mentality going forward. “When you look at the group here, everyone is signed on for the next number of years,” said McDavid. “Everyone is in the prime of their career.”
Two is a number. It's not a very large number, but yes it is a number.

Two is the number of seasons Draisatl will remain as an Oiler. He becomes an UFA after that and will almost certainly be heading out of town.

As for the second part of the quote, RNH is just one example of an Oiler who is in the latter stages, not the prime, of his career. I noted earlier that his 104 point season in 2022-23, while outstanding and getting him into the Oilers record books, is almost certainly the high-water mark of his time in the NHL. (Nevertheless RNH will have his place in the annals as one of only a small group of Oilers in the club's history to have scored 100+ points.)

Advanced ticket sales for the Heritage Classic V2.0 go on sale today, but unlike previous pre-sales for season ticket holders, we can only access 2 tickets (=season #) versus the typical 2 + 2.

Heritage Classic tickets looked to range from $149-650ish.

I snagged lower bowl just off centre for $350/pop.

It was ~50-60% sold when I had a window to buy, with all of the lower central bowl tickets unavailable/reserved/VIP.

As I understand it, RNH has a NMC in his contract. He seems to want to remain in Edmonton and I can foresee him retiring as an Oiler. I doubt a deal would be in Boston's interest anyway as 2022-23 was almost certainly the high-water mark of RNH's career. (Remember, he's 30 years old, not 25.) And the Bruins wouldn't include the one player I'd want in any deal: Charlie McAvoy.

Horrifying thought: what if the Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup? Jack Eichel has been compared (unflatteringly) to Connor McDavid for his entire career. What if, despite all Connor's trophies and despite the Art Ross/Rocket Richard/Hart/Lindsay that Connor will be taking home this year, Eichel brings his team the Stanley Cup championship that Connor has never been able to bring Edmonton? And Eichel does so in the first time he's ever played in an NHL playoffs?

Vegas looking strong. Pretty impressive that the Golden Knights have won 34 straight playoff games when scoring 3 goals or more in a game.

Looking like two years in a row the Oilers getting knocked out by eventual Stanley Cup winner.

Last edited:
Vegas looking strong. Pretty inpressive that the Golden Knights have won 34 straight playoff games when scoring 3 goals or more in a game.

Looking like two years in a row the Oilers getting knocked out by eventual Stanley Cup winner.
I'd love to say that a Vegas win would be good for the league (which it is). Bill Foley deserves SOMETHING for his $500 million investment (which, incidentally, is about $400 million more than he should have paid).

But it's hard to care about what's good for a league that keeps up a charade in Tempe or Nogales or Hildale or wherever the Coyotes are playing now.

Ok Edmonton, take some notes from this team of teams.

Congrats to the LVGK.

I find it laughable that Phil Kessel is claiming to be a Stanley Cup champion even though he was benched by Vegas for most of the playoffs.
BTW this is the second season in a row where the Oilers were eliminated in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs by the Stanley Cup champs.

Phil the thrill is an absolute gem and has most certainly put in the time over the years and is one of the top US born players of all time with a respectable 0.77/pts game.

Phil the thrill is an absolute gem and has most certainly put in the time over the years and is one of the top US born players of all time with a respectable 0.77/pts game.
the best

DHOBb6GXUAAWxls.0.jpg

from here

Back