News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

It's happening!
Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 8.18.40 AM.png

www.tsn.ca

Will be interesting to see if Vegas, LA or Van faulter at any point this season. The Oilers may just be playing for one of two wildcard spots.

Although they have lost their last 2 games, the Kings are looking really strong. One of our former goalies, Talbot is having a great year so far at .930 save percentage and 1.96 goals per game.

I suspect VAN will regress significantly, not enough to miss the playoffs they're still a good team but have gotten insanely lucky up to this point and have seen some inevitable regression. I could definitely see the Oilers vaulting them for sure. Vegas is sitting at 1st but I suspect LA will pass them. One thing to keep in mind with LA is that Cam Talbot it on an insane heater, we saw him do this in 2016 as well when the Oilers made the playoffs and the second round, which means its possible for him to be an elite goalie for an entire season but I don't known if I would fully trust him to keep his current pace up, which would mean LA would likely drop a bit. Vegas, like Vancouver had an insanely hot start and have seen regression in recently.

I think the Oilers will pass Vancouver, who will get the first wildcard spot, I don't think they will pass Vegas or LA but I suspect it will be closer than many think. We could definitely see a rematch of last years second round in the first round this year, with a chance to get revenge on Vegas. Obviously anything can happen but that's my prediction

L.A. looks so strong, but Vancouver keep chugging along and Vegas is Vegas.

It is going to be a great battle in 2024.

Quote from Paul Coffey in The Journal today.

“I told our D from Day 1, the only thing I expect is plays, “Coffey said. “If you can’t make them, we’ll get somebody else. It’s plain and simple. I’m not here to make friends. I’m here to make them better. If you can’t make the plays, just put your hand up and tell me. We’ll get somebody else who can. That’s nice, right?”

Oddly enough, a much closer game than the final score tells.

We got goalied and had some of the worst D-zone play I've seen in weeks.

Oilers - overthinking everything and must have a rule in the room for minimum 3 passes?
Islanders - go with it

Oilers - running around again
Islanders - playing some of the best box, diamond and 5 on 5 D zone I've seen this year.

Oilers - gave up 2 shots in the entire 3rd
Islanders - 23 blocked shots?

Oilers - 0/4
Islanders - 2/4

Oilers - ok goaltending
Islanders - exceptional

That's now 3 in a row the wrong way with 2 very difficult games coming up.

Connor Brown needs to go.

I agree with you except for the "Ok Goaltending", the Oilers have the worst goaltending in the league, and statistically some of the worst of all time. This paired with the fact that the team has (statistically) the best skating roster in the league, (best in the league offensively, top 10 defensively) explains the inconsistency. If they get a couple saves here and there (and don't get goalied, which is what has happened the last 3 games), they win. If the goaltending falters (which it does a lot), they lose. They need to either completely overhaul the goaltending position or get a backup/ 1b for Skinner. He had a big jump in play after gaining some confidence from being handed the starting job, now it seems that jump has ended and the Tampa game really showed that. Fact of the matter is, this team with their current goaltending situation HAS to produce 35+ shots a game at least and keep shots below 20 at most to win. Even then it might not be enough (once again the Tampa game), severely outshooting the other team (franchise record) and leading after 2, but losing by 3 because of horrendous goaltending (and the other goalie playing incredible).

At both ends of the ice, goaltending is the Oilers biggest nightmare, they're getting goalied at one end, and their goalies are unable to stop even the most basic of shots with any consistency at the other.

Oilers - overthinking everything and must have a rule in the room for minimum 3 passes?
Islanders - go with it

Oilers - running around again
Islanders - playing some of the best box, diamond and 5 on 5 D zone I've seen this year.

Oilers - gave up 2 shots in the entire 3rd
Islanders - 23 blocked shots?

Oilers - 0/4
Islanders - 2/4

Oilers - ok goaltending
Islanders - exceptional

That's now 3 in a row the wrong way with 2 very difficult games coming up.

Connor Brown needs to go.
He can't go fast enough....Kenny - are you hearing this?

Back