Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Until then Edmonton can claim the lowest density + least used LRT station in the world?
That might be the Green Line in Sacramento.
440 riders per day, and was considered for closure in 2016. I believe the frequency is only every 30 minutes and no weekend service.

Outside of Chicago and New York I think that sentiment is pretty universal.
Unfortunately , you are 100 percent. Have a brother that lives in Victoria and calls buses "peasant wagons". What a POS remark. Many find ways to put themselves on that pedestal any chance they can get and what an easy way to do it.

Personally, I think good public transportation solves a lot of problems. . I'm a huge proponent of LRT/Subway systems especially when they're designed and implemented right. It can be a fast,cheap and reasonably convenient way of getting around.

On a personal note, I didn't get my first car till the age of 20. Before then, I got laughed at waiting for the bus by motorists passing by. Here in good ol'YEG. Back in the late 80s. Definitely universal.

Regardless of the reasons, good on New Yorkers and Chicagonians for their mentality on the usage of public trans.. I think Montreal might have a similar attiutude as well.

Does anyone know when Phases 2 and 3 of the Metro line's north-east extension are expected to begin and end?

Does anyone know when Phases 2 and 3 of the Metro line's north-east extension are expected to begin and end?
Council funded the planning for the extension from Blatchford to Castledowns today. Now we wait until the provincial or federal government steps in and announces they are providing funding to help actually build it.

The absolute earliest window for this is probably the upcoming provincial election. The NDP might throw some meat to their base in Edmonton and announce funding for the Metro line extension. Whether or not the Valley Line is open by then will affect the odds of this happening.

Unfortunately , you are 100 percent. Have a brother that lives in Victoria and calls buses "peasant wagons". What a POS remark. Many find ways to put themselves on that pedestal any chance they can get and what an easy way to do it.

Personally, I think good public transportation solves a lot of problems. . I'm a huge proponent of LRT/Subway systems especially when they're designed and implemented right. It can be a fast,cheap and reasonably convenient way of getting around.

On a personal note, I didn't get my first car till the age of 20. Before then, I got laughed at waiting for the bus by motorists passing by. Here in good ol'YEG. Back in the late 80s. Definitely universal.

Regardless of the reasons, good on New Yorkers and Chicagonians for their mentality on the usage of public trans.. I think Montreal might have a similar attiutude as well.
I loved the name that a friend used, it had more pizzazz "the Proletariat Chariot"

Budget - '$20 million to acquire land for Metro Line LRT expansion (Blatchford to Castle Downs)'

370873207-2048x1096.jpeg

535720292.jpeg

Last edited:

Back