Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I'm pretty sure that they could've done the project faster, however they're probably taking their time due to the fact that, at the moment, these stations would be in the middle of nowhere and they're giving it a few more years so a few Blatchford and even NAIT projects can get off the ground closer to the alignment.
I get that, but that only pertains to the second station. The NAIT station will allow for full length trains and will get more students further get used to the permanent location.

Good news: According to the booklet, A shared-use paths will be built over the Yellowhead!
Screenshot_20220714-182046_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20220714-182057_Drive.jpg

I noticed that the LRT stations are still bearing unoriginal monikers such as the 137 Ave Station.
Get on the ball, ETS! :mad:
I'm fine with naming them after the streets, as that is common practice in most cities and allows one to better understand where they are geographically in the city (compared to 'Corona Station', as an example).

That bridge will be quite impressive if built as rendered.
Good to see 127 street is grade separated but still too many level crossings at places like 142 street and Campbell road.
142 should have been an easy grade separation since the LRT needs to cross under the rail line there anyways, so the trench would just need to be extended a bit further to the west to go under the road as well.

I'm rather curious about the Walker Bridge. It is supposed to be constructed over the Yellowhead, but the Yellowhead may be re-aligned due to the freeway conversion program.
I think that's taken into account. 413839 shows the second footing from the south abutment sitting in the middle of the current Yellowhead alignment.

Back