Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Wow! 2 years later….that’s what we get…..lol. Not high on Pcl’s priority list
These construction projects are like me with school assignments. They start out slow, with foundation work and stuff, and once the major structural components start getting built nearer to the deadlines, they get developed pretty quickly.

there's been a lot of work happening on underground utilities. it doesn't show in these photos but the entire corridor is being built out not just with track, but the street around it, so all of the stormwater, sewer, and fresh water utilities are being put in as well. it's hard to photograph, but there's a few points on the Blatchford Lake where you can see the whole line. the whole thing has fire hydrants on either side, every 300' or so, as well as manholes and drains. there was a large amount of underground utilities that had to go in before anything train-related could start. Based on the renderings, they aren't just building track, but a whole street as well, designed to support a high level of development.
The Valley Line was like this too, the roads had to be regraded, realigned slightly, etc, and a huge amount of work had to be done below grade, all to put in some new pavement and embedded track. the underground work takes a lot of time! I think it's like @yeggator is saying, the foundational stuff is slow, labourious, and boring, but once it's in place the fun stuff goes quickly.

I'm not sure which thread this was discussed, but I think there could be a shuttle from the CN train station to Blatchford LRT. This access could be improved as the Yellowhead is rebuilt. As a possibility, I wonder if the CN line could be extended into Blatchford to connect with the station.

Too bad so many NDP votes .... progressive are 67% of the vote. Split voting just gives the conservatives seats even with 33% of the vote.
If we didn't have split vote, we could've elected progressives in Edmonton-Riverbend, Millwoods, Manning and West, aside from the 2 NDPs we got and, possibly, a Liberal (Libs and NDP are expected to be highly favored in the special/mail-in ballots).
But back to the topic, I believe that federal funding for the LRT will come, regardless, but if we get lucky and Randy grabs this seat, there's a higher chance of it being committed in the near future.

Well with a Liberal MP elected in Calgary, funding for Alberta will be more assured, but what of that we get here will be affected by the outcome of the local race.
Exactly! Feelings are good inside the campaign, we should have a clearer picture later this evening.
There's also a good chance that both become cabinet ministers (if things stay as they are now), which would probably boost things for Alberta even more and, in Edmonton's case, help alleviate the effects of the UCP's crusade against the city, with some extra federal help.

Exactly! Feelings are good inside the campaign, we should have a clearer picture later this evening.
There's also a good chance that both become cabinet ministers (if things stay as they are now), which would probably boost things for Alberta even more and, in Edmonton's case, help alleviate the effects of the UCP's crusade against the city, with some extra federal help.
I was pleased to send my out of country ballot in for Randy which is being opened today. Let's hope Edmonton has a seat at the Cabinet table.

Back