Metro 78 | 23m | 6s | Pinto Properties | Frank Hilbich

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A brief update on this project.
The City technical circulation is close to finishing as all engineering reports have been reviewed and revised for final sign off.
The design was refined:
- the plaza was widened on the west side
- a coffee shop with a patio and dayhome were added to the ground level on the east side with views to the LRT
- the number of 2 and 3 bedroom units has increased to 25% of the total - ground-oriented townhouses turned into bi-level units.
- the west facade was redesigned to include balconies.
- the building entrances on the west side are more visible and prominent.
- More than 30 short-term bicycle parking will be provided in the plaza - the minimum required is 16.
- A public bicycle repair station will be provided at the plaza adjacent to the shared-use path.
- On-site bicycle parking will include spaces for cargo bikes.
- One cargo bike will be provided by the building management to tenants on each building.
- Two carshare spaces will be provided on site.

Community Amenity Contributions:
- A minimum of $189,000 is required but the developer has committed to over $500,000. This includes a $100,000 contribution to the redevelopment of an existing park in McKernan.

We getting close to the finish line. Thoughts are welcome!

A brief update on this project.
The City technical circulation is close to finishing as all engineering reports have been reviewed and revised for final sign off.
The design was refined:
- the plaza was widened on the west side
- a coffee shop with a patio and dayhome were added to the ground level on the east side with views to the LRT
- the number of 2 and 3 bedroom units has increased to 25% of the total - ground-oriented townhouses turned into bi-level units.
- the west facade was redesigned to include balconies.
- the building entrances on the west side are more visible and prominent.
- More than 30 short-term bicycle parking will be provided in the plaza - the minimum required is 16.
- A public bicycle repair station will be provided at the plaza adjacent to the shared-use path.
- On-site bicycle parking will include spaces for cargo bikes.
- One cargo bike will be provided by the building management to tenants on each building.
- Two carshare spaces will be provided on site.

Community Amenity Contributions:
- A minimum of $189,000 is required but the developer has committed to over $500,000. This includes a $100,000 contribution to the redevelopment of an existing park in McKernan.

We getting close to the finish line. Thoughts are welcome!
Love everything about this project! Thanks for building this 😄

I really hope this succeeds, because I absolutely love that this project is about more than just housing. It's about improving the area for everyone, and it sets a great precedent. I got a copy of the community league newsletter, and it looks like they're pretty content with this so far. The good-faith consultations on the part of the developers made a world of difference imo.

20210621_103418.jpg
20210621_103451.jpg

New renderings showing facade improvements and the LRT plaza with coffee shop and dayhome.

View attachment 329892View attachment 329893View attachment 329894View attachment 329895
You guys are literally amazing!! This project is exactly the kind of TOD and neighborhood infill that I think we need to see a lot more of in the city. Designed with detail and with compassion for the surrounding area yet adding that important density and mixed-usage. Let's see it built asap! 😀

You have until Sept 6 to provide comments.

LDA20-0066 Metro 78- McKernan/Belgravia

c9d375b0d3d8adef68d62a22a5814e47_blob

3fb587995799f0795939e45f87f18238_1.2_Image_4_Public_Plaza_looking_west_from_LRT.jpg

The proposed zoning from the current (RF1) Single Detached Residential Zone(External link) to a revised (DC2) Site-Specific Development Control Provision would allow for the development of two mid-rise apartment buildings with the following characteristics:

A maximum height of 23 .0 m per building or approximately 6 storeys (previously 14.5 metres or approximately 4 storeys)

Up to 71 residential units per building for a total of 142 units (previously 55 residential units per building for a total of 110 units)

A maximum floor area ratio of 4.0 (previously 2.45)

Ground level commercial space fronting a public plaza and the 114 Street shared use path. Opportunities for commercial uses include specialty food services, retail, and personal service shops.

Vehicular and surface parking that is accessed from the proposed north-south lanes west of the properties

Back