J22 | 46.02m | 13s | Pangman | DIALOG

Judging by Google Street View, some of that stuff has been there a while.

It was originally planned to be an above-ground parkade as part of the J22 project. I'm hoping that never comes to fruition. Maybe they'll sell off the land to another developer, and they can build a mid-rise.

Is this a temporary plan until a new podium/tower space is built I wonder ? Kind of really small space imo.
It's not small at all. Planet Organic was spacious enough, had a good variety and product mix, never felt cramped, and for an urban store concept it makes sense. Again, it's time North America discovered the benefits of small "stop-and-shop" grocery stores in some places (downtowns, for example), apposed to big box in all locations.

It's not small at all. Planet Organic was spacious enough, had a good variety and product mix, never felt cramped, and for an urban store concept it makes sense. Again, it's time North America discovered the benefits of small "stop-and-shop" grocery stores in some places (downtowns, for example), apposed to big box in all locations.
Exactly, it's a step in the right direction even though Safeway is still a massive chain brand 😅 but urban-oriented locations are definitely great.

Exactly, it's a step in the right direction even though Safeway is still a massive chain brand 😅 but urban-oriented locations are definitely great.
You can have stop-and-shop grocery stores that are from major chains. You'll find Carrefour all over France and most of their Marseille, Lyon and Paris locations will be small, urban stores. Same with Aldi in Germany, Pão de Açúcar in Brazil, etc...
But I would love to see some local stores and all, here. I'm actually super happy Freson Bros. opened a location in Edmonton.

Back