J22 | 46.02m | 13s | Pangman | DIALOG

^new urban grocery store, everyone's happy about it...complains about former urban grocery store from 10 years ago instead... mystifying.
Never said I am not happy about this. It's a good addition to the area and nice to see.

Oddly enough, this site originally had a No Frills proposed to it on the western half of the block.

Much better than Sobeys ever was. The new store has depth of offerings ... the layout is solid. We really like it.
Exactly! It's a small store, but with the same variety of products as a big one (probably a lot less on site stock).

Didn't lack anything that their store on Unity Square has

Never said I am not happy about this. It's a good addition to the area and nice to see.

Oddly enough, this site originally had a No Frills proposed to it on the western half of the block.
Yeah people have long memories about the Sobey's debacle on 104 St and Jasper. However, perhaps Safeway/Sobeys has finally figured it out, a lot of people live south of Jasper Ave and nearby further west and not everyone wants to go all the way to Unity Square.

While I like No Frills, I find their selection is somewhat limited and lately their prices are not very good. Sometimes Safeway's beats them now. It is actually probably the best choice for the area.

FC8354D4-8E36-45C5-911A-FFBE15C060E7.jpeg
The area badly needed a proper grocery store and this one checks off all the boxes in my opinion.

Last edited:
Checked it out last night, was quite happy with the selection there. It felt bigger in there than I thought it would, and I think they could actually add another aisle or 2 if they want to. The fact I can walk 2 blocks to get to there and not have to cross a huge parking lot or 104 avenue means this will probably be my go to place for things

Last edited:

Back