News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

1 or two new US business destinations may be imminent...

As this post was July 6th one month ago, what timeline is considered imminent?

Since that post, WestJet released their updated schedule so unless its as separate announcement coming we know its not WestJet and I learned long long long time ago that I just wont assume its Air Canada. AA made their announcements in June, United made some big routes announcements in July for their upcoming schedule, Delta is unlikely given WestJet.
Following up on this again. I think its fair to assume give that the statement was made July 6th that potentially 0 new business destinations are happening nor imminent, unless @occidentalcapital has some updated relevant information.

Last edited:
I don’t think Delta will do anything for Edmonton. I think United is possible to Houston and Chicago but it may require an inducement to attract them. I would love to see American to Dallas which is a huge HUB and gateway to Latin America and the southern USA. This will also require some inducements and worth what it takes to motivate AA.

Last edited:
Transportation options in one's home province are important and losing those is not positive for anyone, including YEG.
Even if Calgary had Toronto's Pearson international airport, service for Edmonton's airport would still be the same. Granted there might be more tourists but that would mostly tourist destinations like Canmore, Calgary itself would benefit the most by far. On the flip side, if Calgary's airport was like Edmonton's airport, Edmonton's airport would improve with more direct flights.

For those who like Lego and aviation...this came out today; I snagged a set. Did it ever come to YEG or Namao for a show? I vaguely recall it at YEG for an airshow, but could be wrong.

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/concorde-10318
The only ones I recall were the Lego shows that used to come (annually, I think) to the fifth floor of Woodward's at Edmonton Centre when I was a child.

For those who like Lego and aviation...this came out today; I snagged a set. Did it ever come to YEG or Namao for a show? I vaguely recall it at YEG for an airshow, but could be wrong.

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/concorde-10318
If you meant the actual plane, yes, it was here many years ago. I remember watching it take off from my backyard on the south side of Edmonton and being amazed how far back the sound was from the actual plane.

Int'l cargo hub project moving forward through regulatory process

YEG retains SASI World as cargo consultant.

Has anyone used Porter Air? I am looking to book to Orlando and Porter connects through Ottawa to get there. Wondering how your experience was? of courses YEGs options are limited for Orlando, not sure why they even offer it.

Has anyone used Porter Air? I am looking to book to Orlando and Porter connects through Ottawa to get there. Wondering how your experience was? of courses YEGs options are limited for Orlando, not sure why they even offer it.
I used it to fly to YYZ. I liked the 2x2 seating configuration on their planes, definitely makes it feels less cramped. Plus the complimentary wine is a nice bonus.

Westjet offers it twice weekly and likely do quite well with it. Similar to Maui they can target those who value the nonstop option. This is why they offer it.

As for Porter they seem to be fine and Ottawa is a pretty easy place to make a connection.

I've used them twice before, both out east, before they had anything this far west, and Billy Bishop was their one true base camp. I recall the service being better than AC/WJ, prices decent, and otherwise pleasant.

Why would Flair be flying to Regina? Flair does not fly out of Regina. Do they still do charter flights?

20230914_151711.jpg

Back